Food Cravings?

Options
Having serious food cravings!! It's an emotional need for food. Has to do with depression, or something.

Anyway what do you do to cut down on your cravings? Any tips, ideas?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Eat a little bit of it.
  • ragtimedoll
    ragtimedoll Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sigh.. I did that a tiny bit. It's not so much hunger as it is emotional food cravings.
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Do something else to distract yourself. Peppermint essential oil helps with cravings too.
  • ragtimedoll
    ragtimedoll Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Peppermint oil? Interesting... I haven't heard of that before. I'll look into it.
  • katnoir1
    katnoir1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free gum helps take the edge off sweet cravings sometimes. Or drink a whole lot of water to help you feel full. Won't stop the craving, but if you feel full enough the thought of going to go eat something probably won't be that appealing.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Peppermint oil? Interesting... I haven't heard of that before. I'll look into it.

Just do not consume essential oils.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea with stevia.
  • kara_ofarrell
    kara_ofarrell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My friend uses the peppermint oil! And she will swear by it, have a good smell of it and go do an activity for 10 minutes and you will be right again!
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Confront the emotional issues you are using food to soothe or ignore. Or, at least, use something else to accomplish the same thing. Preferably something healthy or productive.