What should I eat if i need to eat more fiber?

Could someone give me some ideas of food with more fiber?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Beans, nuts, berries, many veggies, whole grains
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Whole foods - whole grains, beans, legumes, fruits & veggies

http://www.webmd.com/diet/top-10-sources-of-fiber

Don't try to up your fiber all at once or you will be uncomfortable. There are 2 types of fiber, each with different benefits.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/insoluble-soluble-fiber
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Higher fiber cereals. Green veg beans
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Chia seeds , fruits veggies and beans , eat skins of fruit like apples and pears , and veg like sweet potato and potatoes instead of discarding them, and increase gradually
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Fiber One Cereal
    Chia seeds. Flaxmeal. Lentils. Beans, beans and more beans.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Forget processed foods or 'fiber' foods that come straight out of a factory. You'll likely be eating wood pulp. Instead, go for seeds (flax, chia, sesame are good choices), nuts, beans, whole grains, fruits (think berries), veggies. There is no fiber in animal products and almost none in refines grains (white flour and white rice).
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Napa cabbage, broccoli slaw, oatmeal, celery, carrots, spinach, apples--those are some of my fiber regulars. Ha ha-- fiber "regulars"-- see what I did there?!
  • Oatmeal. I add a little bit of chocolate to mine -- mostly because I don't have any groceries left.
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Publix fiber active cereal. 30g of cereal for 60 cals and 14g of fiber
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Switch out some of your staples for higher fiber versions. Half your dinner is made of vegetables. A nice prune for evening snack. Popcorn.
  • DanaBussing
    DanaBussing Posts: 1 Member
    I add puréed pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and ground flax seed to plain oatmeal. With a little bit of sweetener it tastes like pumpkin pie and has lots of fiber.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Quest bars.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Napa cabbage, broccoli slaw, oatmeal, celery, carrots, spinach, apples--those are some of my fiber regulars. Ha ha-- fiber "regulars"-- see what I did there?!

Haaaa! Made me laugh.