Hey it's ok....aka don't beat yourself up

Options
If you ate under your calories for a few days because you were sick/stressed etc. Feel better and get back to regular eating.

If you ate over your calories in a binge/went out to dinner/ got your monthly...go back to your regular eating now.

If you skipped your workout. It happens. Work out tomorrow. Hard.

It's also ok to be proud of yourself for your accomplishments. Tell your friends. Tell MFP. You're doing good things for yourself. Be an inspiration.

Feel free to add on.

Replies

• yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    So true we can only take this journey one day, one meal, one workout at a time.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    This is why I love having you as an MFP friend
  • Windchild
    Windchild Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love this!
  • vannyn42
    vannyn42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I really needed to hear this right now. Just got back from a great evening out with my BF and a friend from out of town.
    I knew they both love pizza so I chose a really good wood oven pizza joint with gourmet options.

I ended up eating 4 big slices, bread, and part of a cheese board. Started to feel guilty about the binge almost as soon as I finished.

I'm not even a pizza lover and usually keep my carb intake to 50g or less or else I start to feel physically sick.

I'm trying to be kind to myself and not beat myself up too much over it since I have lost nearly 15% of my body weight.
  • nycolerayne
    nycolerayne Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Love this ❤
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ate out today (something I rarely do) and thought I chose a healthy starter. It was lump crab stuffed mushrooms. There were five of them. Medium size which I ate in two to three bites. I also ate two slices of sausage and ricotta topped pizza which I knew would come in heavy at around 360 cals per slice. However, I found out afterwards that the mushroom starter totalled a whopping 600 cals all by themselves! I was mad at myself for a while, but can now see it as a learning experience in eating out. As well, I really enjoyed the food. Tomorrow I'll get right back on track.