165 Pounds Lost So Far

Options
Bundyman
Bundyman Posts: 42 Member
edited March 2016 in Success Stories
My starting weight was 448 pounds in the summer of 2013 and I'm currently sitting at 283 pounds. So far I have lost a total of 165 pounds and hope to continue the trend.

At the age of 45 I was diagnosed with diabetes and I knew I had to make changes to my lifestyle to avoid dying a lot sooner than I would like. My doctor suggested that I was a good candidate to have gastric bypass surgery. I told him I didn't want to have any surgery I knew that I was strong enough to lose the weight naturally.

I have succeeded in losing the weight I have so far through nothing but hard work, determination and changing my eating habits. I started off by walking short distances due to the fact that the joint pain made it very hard to walk far. Over time I increased the distance as the pain lessened and I was able to see results on the scale and in my body. My blood sugars have returned to normal range and my doctor has had me off my diabetic meds completely for over a year.

I try to get to the gym five days a week and do cardio along with weights. I have gone from a 60" waist to wearing 42" waist pants. Yes, I have plenty of excess skin and will have even more before I'm done but I haven't been this healthy or felt this good in decades.

The MyFitnessPal app has been a real motivator and I have logged in for over 1065 consecutive days. Tracking my calories and exercise has been a key to my success. That, and not wanting to die young.

I never wanted to be an inspiration to others but I feel honoured so many friends and strangers have seen my changes and been inspired to do the same. Anyone who says they can't lose weight hasn't wanted it bad enough.

Replies

• Bundyman
    Bundyman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Some pictures to give an idea of my changes.

6quvoull6k49.jpeg
    czphqe8nhslz.jpeg
    2xnlcmfsgyam.png
    b3mazaivoe9u.png
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Outstanding job!
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Congrats!

Your dedication and discipline is inspiring! I wish you all the best for your future journey!
  • crack0825
    crack0825 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    good going dude
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You're really an inspiration! :)
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Incredible - your hard work is really paying off.
  • tosi1312
    tosi1312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing! Congratulations! All of the hard work you put in is paying off! Keep it up!
  • hadiolar
    hadiolar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Outstanding....if you can do it yes I can too...thank you so much for choosing to do it your own way..I love your smile
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Dude. Wow. Just, wow.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You don't even look like the same person!
  • fugedaboud_it
    fugedaboud_it Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are truly amazing! I'm always impressed the most of how weight loss changes a person's level of happiness above anything else! Kudos to you!
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Awesome work!!!
  • PlantBasedRnr
    PlantBasedRnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good for you man! Your progress is an inspiration - proud of you for making the decision to do it on your own instead of having surgery.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Buddy that is just freakin awesome. I just can't imagine the amount of dedication you've displayed! I get frustrated trying to lose 25lbs. you ARE the man!
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!
  • Karmc2k
    Karmc2k Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow Bundyman. You look fab and you do have a great smile. So happy for you, keep posting.
  • CaliforniaGirl1966
    CaliforniaGirl1966 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bundyman wrote: »
    My starting weight was 448 pounds in the summer of 2013 and I'm currently sitting at 283 pounds. So far I have lost a total of 165 pounds and hope to continue the trend.

At the age of 45 I was diagnosed with diabetes and I knew I had to make changes to my lifestyle to avoid dying a lot sooner than I would like. My doctor suggested that I was a good candidate to have gastric bypass surgery. I told him I didn't want to have any surgery I knew that I was strong enough to lose the weight naturally.

I have succeeded in losing the weight I have so far through nothing but hard work, determination and changing my eating habits. I started off by walking short distances due to the fact that the joint pain made it very hard to walk far. Over time I increased the distance as the pain lessened and I was able to see results on the scale and in my body. My blood sugars have returned to normal range and my doctor has had me off my diabetic meds completely for over a year.

I try to get to the gym five days a week and do cardio along with weights. I have gone from a 60" waist to wearing 42" waist pants. Yes, I have plenty of excess skin and will have even more before I'm done but I haven't been this healthy or felt this good in decades.

The MyFitnessPal app has been a real motivator and I have logged in for over 1065 consecutive days. Tracking my calories and exercise has been a key to my success. That, and not wanting to die young.

I never wanted to be an inspiration to others but I feel honoured so many friends and strangers have seen my changes and been inspired to do the same. Anyone who says they can't lose weight hasn't wanted it bad enough.

• CaliforniaGirl1966
    CaliforniaGirl1966 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Bundyman. Wow! That is awesome how you were able to take back control of your life. I was just diagnosed with pre-diabetes and this has been a wake-up call for me. The doctor told me that I can totally change my status by making some lifestyle changes, which I have already done. I started at 224 and in 1.5 weeks am down to 219.2. I feel fantastic as well! Keep up the good work and thank you for the encouraging words!
  • aubreytoe
    aubreytoe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!