One Year "Get Healthy" Anniversary with pics

Options

Replies

• Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You look great!!! Very motivational. I'm completely jealous of your arms.
  • jcsgirl86
    jcsgirl86 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement.
    Barbs2222 wrote: »
    You look great!!! Very motivational. I'm completely jealous of your arms.
    You look fantastic, and super great job on your arms!
    Thanks for the comments on my arms. My son has been helping me the last 3.5 months to tone and strengthen so I have to give him credit for the arms. It's been fun and surprising to see how much size/fat I lost all over my body even though I didn't lose weight the last 3 months by adding weight lifting. The toning up has definitely helped my confidence.
  • dawnellemom
    dawnellemom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am super motivated- I am about the same start weight and am excited to see your results! Congratulations, you really do look great.
  • loywi1
    loywi1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    wow! impressive. are you eating different? are you using portion control? I'm the same age as you and have spent the last 2-3 yrs struggling with diet plans and how to get started. I'd love some help.
  • ajaysharma316
    ajaysharma316 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation
  • sheenades0804
    sheenades0804 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! This is truly inspiring to not want to give up! When you give up you start back at square one.
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    jcsgirl86 wrote: »
    One year ago today I started my "get healthy" journey. My goal was to lose 50 lb., gain strength and tone up, and gain lots of energy and just feel better. It was harder than I anticipated and there were times I just wanted to quit but I kept at it. It took 9 months to get the 50 pounds off and I have been in maintenance and strength and tone mode for the last 3 months which will continue indefinitely. I can't begin to explain how much better I feel and am so glad I finally got made up my mind to start.

If you haven't yet started, do it today! Don't wait! You won't be sorry!
    If you feel like quitting, don't give in! You won't be sorry!
    You can do it!!t88jmid745lu.jpg

You look amazing!! How tall are you?
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Just saw your reply on height....no way in a million years would I have guessed you are 47!!! Fantastic and you look amazing!
  • jcsgirl86
    Options
    loywi1 wrote: »
    wow! impressive. are you eating different? are you using portion control? I'm the same age as you and have spent the last 2-3 yrs struggling with diet plans and how to get started. I'd love some help.

I did eat different. I tried to eat a well balanced meal, starting off at 1200 calories per day. I ate fruit, veggies, protein and tried to choose the right carbs (whole grain breads & pasta, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, corn, beans). I workout most weeks 5 days a week - 2 strength, 2 running (only walking the first 9 months), and 1 HIIT Tabata style workout that is cardio and strength combined. Some weeks I'll skip the HIIT workout if I'm feeling a little extra sluggish.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Great transformation. The weight training is really showing - men don't get why women over 40 get so exciting when they see buff arms but boy does it take hard work. Kudos.
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! What an inspiration you are.
  • mannins3
    mannins3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. You look absolutely great!
  • Fittingitforever
    Fittingitforever Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing job!
  • chilisadie
    chilisadie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great. Congrats
  • lank77
    lank77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and keeping it off. You look great. This is just the motivation I needed today. Thanks:)
  • Txgal555
    Txgal555 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    jonnyman41 wrote: »
    Your loss in a short time at lower numbers and being in mid 40s is brilliant and inspiring

Exactly
  • Karmc2k
    Karmc2k Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look beautiful, very toned and athletic looking. When you say how much better you feel, was it just the weight loss that made you feel more confident? or the getting stronger as well? I would love to tone up like you did and I am hoping that the more "physically fit" I get the more confidence I gain.
  • Kilika735
    Kilika735 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look so fit and healthy!!! Wonderful transformation, and its nice to see you did all this over a period of time being consistent and persistent! :)
  • PaulaS1220
    PaulaS1220 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Congratulations.
  • jcsgirl86
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Karmc2k wrote: »
    Wow, you look beautiful, very toned and athletic looking. When you say how much better you feel, was it just the weight loss that made you feel more confident? or the getting stronger as well? I would love to tone up like you did and I am hoping that the more "physically fit" I get the more confidence I gain.

The weight loss itself did help me to feel better and more confident but most definitely the strength and toning was probably the biggest confidence booster. Because of the amount of weight I carried for the amount of time I carried it and my age, my skin didn't bounce back very well and the little bit of extra muscle really helped that to fill in and look better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!