show results on weight loss

jossiecastillo28
jossiecastillo28 Posts: 16 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
How many of yall lost weight with this app im new & just started

Replies

• yamaha2183
    yamaha2183 Posts: 48 Member
    Join bout 3 weeks and change so far im down 11.5 lbs down love this up stick to it and you'll def see results
  • GymShark007
    GymShark007 Posts: 26 Member
    Lost 120 lbs with this app...take my word for it
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I'm down 60lbs. For some reference, I'm 5'1.75, started at 220 lbs now at 160lbs. I usually eat around 1500-1800 calories a day, depending on whether or not I exercise that day. I run, lift weights, cycle, and do yoga.

This app has been fundamental for me losing weight and it's given me all the guidance I've needed to be successful.

Here is a thread that I found the most helpful. It's a little lengthy, but it's definitely worth reading!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • angeleyes4280
    angeleyes4280 Posts: 25 Member
    I have had the app for a while, but never used it to its full potential. But now that I am doing my 90 day challenge, I am using it regularly. With the combo of eating right, exercising, using the app and using the products I just started selling, I have lost 11 lbs and 4 inches from my waist in 9 days! Super excited!!
  • jossiecastillo28
    edited March 2016
    Thank you for your time Y'all I really feel the difference I've been on a diet This is my 4th day And I feel more lighter I'm 5'0 weight is 240 my goal is 190 :)
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    I have been using the app for about 3 months. Only in the last month have I been accurate and true, and I have lost 16 pounds, and about 2 inches off my waist area in about a month.
  • jossiecastillo28
    :) wow really hope I Lose some weight ....
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    edited March 2016
    I've been on the app for three years now, and am down about 100 pounds. I started officially at 290, and am 5'2". I got down to 190 at my lowest, and am back up to 192 right now. (Losing the holiday weight, lol.)
  • jossiecastillo28
    Wow :) amazing
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited March 2016
    90 lb as of this morning, about 8 months in. All I do is count calories, I don't restrict what food I eat, only how much. I plan and pre-log my meals the night before so I know exactly how much to eat at each meal to meet my daily goals.
  • trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Keep in mind while the weight loss numbers here are amazing and inspirational....weight loss takes time!! Some lose much quicker or slower than others. Some people have to work harder...or make adjustments before loss starts to show.

For example, I have only lost about 1 lb in a month. But that 1 lb was this past week where I upped my average calorie intake from 1300-1500 to 1600-1800. Apparently I was not eating enough for my body's needs.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    I became a member in Sept. 2012. I've been on and off for years. My highest weight about 220lbs I'm currently at 158. My lowest was 149 that was May 2014- So almost 2 years ago. Got away from this site got back up to 171 this past Novemeber so I'm back...
    So a few pieces of advice. There will be bad days, bad weekends and even bad months. The scale can be your friend and your enemy so don't focus on that alone, focus on NSVs (non scale victories) like your pants are as tight! You don't have to exercise like a madman, you will learn to make better choices and you gotta do this for the long haul. Be patient and remember this isn't a reality show, this is your reality. :)
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    I've been a member for a few years now. I'm 5'9" tall and I was 235 lbs at my heaviest. I was about 223 lbs when I joined MFP, and 209 lbs when I got serious about using the app in July of 2014. My current weight is pretty stable at 175 lbs and has been for a bit over a year. I'm currently pushing to hit 168 short term, 160 more medium term.

In terms of advice, I'd echo a lot of what @sanfromny said. Additionally, I'll add my favorite bit of advice: set realistic goals! I can't tell you how often I've seen the "let's lose 25 lbs by the end of the month" posts around here. That's absolutely setting yourself up for failure. Regarding the scale, I weighed (and continue to weigh) myself every day but I don't get hung up on the daily numbers. I look at weekly averages for my "true" weight. I realize that doesn't work for everyone but it does for me. Last but not least, and again as @sanfromny said, there will be good days and bad days. If you fall don't let it get you down. Get up, put it behind you, and move on. Also, don't fall into the "well, I've already blown my diet for the day so I may as well eat whatever I want and start again tomorrow" trap. A bad meal is better than a bad day, a bad day is better than a bad week. If you eat something you shouldn't, and we ALL do it, just realize that in the scheme of things it isn't a big deal and move on.

Good luck with your journey!