putting a database food into My Foods

Options
Say I'm looking for rice crisps, and I find an accurate entry in the database, and I want to add it to "MY FOODS" so that I can find it again later. is there a way to do that without entering all the data again?

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    No, the foods that you have added to your Food Diary will be displayed on your Recent or Frequent lists.

The My Foods list apparently was not designed or intended as a place for copying public Food Database items. The My Foods list will display the personal food items you create, or the public food items you may have edited (until another user edits the public item and the other user then becomes the "owner" of that food item and it drops from your list).
  • trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I was wondering this myself.
  • doesthisappmakemelookfat
    Options
    Thanks CyberTone.
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I really wish they would implement something where I can "favorite" entries. I eat a lot of the same things through out the week and I hate having to try and track down something I used a few days ago. If this already exists, please tell me!
  • trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I often eat leftovers from dinners for my lunches. What I find frustrating is that it doesn't seem to be easy to add a recent food from "dinner" to "lunch" the next day. Recent and frequent foods only show what you've added for that specific meal / category.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    trinty425 wrote: »
    I often eat leftovers from dinners for my lunches. What I find frustrating is that it doesn't seem to be easy to add a recent food from "dinner" to "lunch" the next day. Recent and frequent foods only show what you've added for that specific meal / category.

You can change that. In the web version, there is a dropdown menu that lets you change it from 'lunch' to 'all meals'.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    trinty425 wrote: »

You have a couple options, I use both.

Method 1: Toggle your settings to show items from the Recent and Frequent lists from the current Meal to All Meals. Please see this article on the MFP Help pages...

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/468920-can-i-see-my-food-list-items-across-all-of-my-meals-not-just-the-meal-i-am-logging-

Method 2: If you want to copy the entire Meal from one Meal to another...

Step 1: On the Web version, click Quick Tools > Remember meal and name it "Copy."
    Step 2: Go to the next day and click Add Food to Lunch, choose the Meals tab and add the Meal you named "Copy."

The next time you need to copy a meal:
    Step 1: click Quick Tools > Remember Meal and choose "Or, Replace an Existing Meal" and overwrite the "Copy" meal.
    Step 2: Same as above.