I hope I can do this!

Options
Hi..My name is Tammy. I'm 43 years old and mother to four and currently weigh about 187 lbs. I tried MFP a couple of years ago. I did start to lose weight, but we went on vacation and lost track of everything I ate. When I came home, I gave up and told myself I couldn't do it. Well, I'm back. This is the only way I have lost weight...even a little. For the past couple of years, I have been the butt of everyone's jokes. My feelings were hurt, but I acted as if it didn't bother me. My "friend" even sent me a picture on facebook of a pig with it's head in a cake and covered in frosting. Her message "When I saw this I thought of you" Really? Anyway, would love to make friends and hear any advice you might have. Have a great day!

Replies

• Optimistic1979
    Optimistic1979 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes you can do this!! I have those kind of people in my life too and they suck. Add me would love to support you on your journey.
  • Butt3rfly831
    Butt3rfly831 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    friends like that who needs enemies.... I did the exact same thing lost the weight went on vacation and lost track. but its never to late to start again. I just started again girl we can do this....
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've posted this before but it's solid advice and always worth repeating:

This is going to take time. A. LOT. Of. Time. You will get frustrated. You will want to quit. You will feel depressed from time to time. Some of those times will even been on the weeks when you make progress. Here's the thing: DO NOT QUIT!!!! The sweat, the pain, the tears, all of it will be worth it, and sometimes it will be as simple as dropping a single pant size which makes you feel like the king/queen of the world.

Weigh your food. This is far more important than weighing yourself. We often come on here and have the best intentions of logging everything accurately, but often we have no idea how much 2 oz. of pasta really is (it's depressingly little), so we put 2 oz when we just ate 7. I am proud of the weight I've lost, but if I want to continue losing I have to be certain the food I'm taking in is really the correct amount or I am sabotaging myself.

Be honest. Log everything, even the stuff you are embarrassed about. The only one you'd be lying to is yourself if you conveniently "forget" to log the half-bag of potato chips. You will look back and wonder why you aren't losing as you should. It's okay to have bad days, and okay to have good days. Sometimes your victories will be on the scale, other days they'll be non-scale victories. Just be honest with yourself.

This journey is about making progress, not being perfect. DO NOT QUIT and you will see rewards.

I wish you the best of luck!
  • pamc210
    pamc210 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over, too! I would love to stay in touch and help one another. I, too have hurt feelings about my weight and appearance. I'm shocked a friend sent that picture to you! You look so friendly in your picture on this site. Whoever sent that does not appreciate what friends are for. We can be successful if we keep logging in and staying accountable. It will help to share with someone going through the same experience!
  • proud2bfromwv
    proud2bfromwv Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their kind words of encouragement. It really helps knowing there are others who have the same struggles. Hugs :)
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If I can do this anyone can. I wish you the best and will send a friend request (anyone is welcome to friend me), I will always applaud your success and encourage you if you fall short. It's amazing friends and family can be so cruel. I wish I could be there for the reveal when you exact the best revenge...living and looking well, fit and ferociously beautiful.
  • proud2bfromwv
    proud2bfromwv Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Rdsgoal16 wrote: »
    If I can do this anyone can. I wish you the best and will send a friend request (anyone is welcome to friend me), I will always applaud your success and encourage you if you fall short. It's amazing friends and family can be so cruel. I wish I could be there for the reveal when you exact the best revenge...living and looking well, fit and ferociously beautiful.

Thank you!!
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You got this proud2bfromwv!!
  • davefromsask1
    davefromsask1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I wanted to let you know that I've struggled with my weight for a good portion of my life. I lost close to 100lbs about 5 years ago. I was very proud of myself but gained it all back with some bad habits returning. I came onto MFP starting in January and I am down 27lbs. It took courage to face my weight again but once you get on a positive track you'll be unstoppable. Feel free to give me an add. You can do this!