P90X

Options
does anyone here besides me hate the P90X exercise plyometrics, that has to be the hardest thing i have ever done exercise wise, and the yoga i cant do for a freakin hr and a half i do like a cardio x on the day it calls for yoga, is anyone else in the same boat as me ??

Replies

• Refisblind
    Refisblind Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It gets easier. First time I did it I almost died. Dropped some weight and those jumps were not so hard any more.
    As for the Yoga. I hate it but can see the benifits.
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    I despised Yoga also at first, but I stuck with it and it has become my Sunday workout. I substituted Insanity workouts for Kenpo and Yoga during the week.

I say if you can, stick with Yoga and Plyo. They both will do your transformation good.
  • MicahandMegan
    Options
    The first time i did plyo i threw up! it does get better but plyo is definitely the beast of workouts.
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Same boat- I hate Plyo, just hate it-- but I keep doing it. I has gotten easier and the results are worth it!!!!!! Yoga is harder then people think but it also gets easier. Just keep pushing play and doing the best you can. Don't give up !!!!!
  • ktndj82104
    ktndj82104 Posts: 85
    Options
    I am on week 3 and still having trouble with both of them. I am trying to stick it out but i can only do about 20 minutes of the yoga and only 45 minutes od the plyo.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I did Plyo the first week and have done Cardio X ever since..I'm on week 4 right now. As of last night, Core Synergetics is by far my most hated work out. It makes me rethink Plyo as being way better lol. I might try it again (Plyo) next week now that my knees and ankles are more used to the jumping, etc. just from Cardio X.

Sadly I have one more grueling hour of Core S to get through during this "recovery week" before I move on to something else. I think it just caught me off guard because it is SO random. LOL.

Oh and I do the Cardio X instead of Yoga. I tried it once, I was okay with it except the crane and the pose right before it, but I am having plantar fasciitis and doing anything bare footed (ha, so not a word) is pain. I might try the last 45 minutes again tonight after Kenpo again though now that my feet are feeling better.
  • tg025880
    tg025880 Posts: 42
    Options
    ok i have another question as far as doing p90x someone said it burns around 600 calories on each workout, i can see that as much as you sweat and as wore out as you are, now i am eating maybe 1400 calories a day or a little bit more, thats my limit a day, if i continue to eat that amt and do p90x everyday burning all those calories a day will i lose weight or will i stay about the same , i have a beer gut i am trying to get rid of, and how do you say man boobs, or at least thats the way i feel what they are ? anyones help would be greatly appreaciated
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Is that what MFP gives you as a cal goal? That seems awfully low for doing P90X but who am I to say. I'd make sure that your activity level is set to active on MFP and see what that gives you as a cal goal.
    Did you read the book for P9oX for diet? It would definitely have you eating more I think.
  • tg025880
    Options
    hey thanks now i have 1,720 calories, ok now if i do p90x its gonna give me more calories, now im wondering am i not eating enough lol surely thats not the case
  • hamton
    hamton Posts: 245
    Options
    Plyo is one of my favorite workout. Makes my day when I look at the heart monitor and it says I burned 700-900 calories.
    Jump Knee Tuck. Get some.
  • tg025880
    Options
    does anyone know where i can get a cheap heart monitor those things are expensive
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love love love plyo.......gives me the best calorie burn but i despise yoga and always do cardio x instead.
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    I ordered the GSI Super Quality All-In-One Waterproof Heart Rate Monitor Watch and Transmitter Chest Belt from Amazon for 39.99.

As far as calories burned, I am in the 700's for the workout but around 800-900 after ab ripper x is added to it also.
  • sche1amy
    sche1amy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just started up the P90x again. I love the Plyometrics and Kenpo. I am on day three today and dreading doing it, lol! I made it through 4 weeks of it and I ended up sick with flu/cold. Set me so far back I have to start alllll over :( I absolutly hate the yoga and refuse to do it. I am not doing the workout to look ripped as they all do but more to have the workouts at home as I used to have with the trainer I paid so much for.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    If you gave me the option of doing Plyo or Yoga, I would choose Plyo every time. My boyfriend laughs at me every time I attempt Yoga. This time around I'm going to substitute Kenpo on my Yoga days. The first time I did Plyo I felt like an 18-wheeler ran over, backed up, and ran over me again several times the next day. A few weeks ago I tried it again and it was a lot easier. I still modify some moves and run in place sometimes, but I can see the improvement since I've slimmed down since the last time I tempted it. Am I the only one who loves Kenpo and Chest, Shoulders, and Arms? Lol
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I like chest shoulders and arms - well any of the weight training ones..and Cardio X.

I only tried Plyo once, and I'm starting week 5 tomorrow. I should probably try it again.

My new most hated work out is Core Synergetics. It is So random and I am pretty sure I cussed the whole way through the program Monday, and flipped TH off a few times (chatarunga runs anyone - WTF?). Its a horrid work out. Hard as all hell. But good too. I can feel every muscle in my core today.
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Plyometrics is definitely a challenge but it will get easier but will never be easy! :tongue: I like yoga but not for an hour and half so I will usually do about 45 mins of it or sub it with a different dvd. I really like Core Synergistics and Cardio X. Best wishes! yghbv
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I love the Plyo. It is honestly my favorite DVD in the series, but I totally understand why you find it difficult. It's a tough workout. I was doing it yesterday and I was toasted by the end of the workout (before it was over)
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    I hate, hate, hate the yoga. I like normal yoga - hate P90X yoga. But I stll do it. I normally skip about the last 15 mins of the first part, right after the chair poses I cant bend that way anymore, so I just skip it. Actually got up in crane for about 1 sec the other day - before i fell on my head.

I'm doing the Lean version so I haven't had to do Plyo. Was actually thinking of subbing it for Yoga next week, but now I may be too scared!

Kenpo is my fav. And the Shoulders and Ams.
  • ladyofhavok
    Options
    The yoga is hard but there is a reason that Tony refers to it as the "fountain of youth" it is what your body needs and all I know is Tony is ripped and I trust the workout he has built for us. I think substituting cardio for plyo wouldnt hurt too bad but I wouldnt skip out on yoga!