What is your go-to breakfast?

Options

Replies

• hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Lately for me its been, 1 egg, 1 egg white (scrambled), and 2 slices of sara lee 45 calorie wheat bread with 1tbsp of jelly. Its very filling and I get some protein and fiber in. :)
  • emmam1212
    emmam1212 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    There are some amazing recipes on Pinterest for egg frittatas that you just bake in a muffin pan and stick them in your fridge for whenever you want to grab one. You can add whatever you want in them too and they're so yummy!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    200g nonfat greek yogurt
    15g protein powder, 2 splenda
    100g strawberries
    50g blueberries
    30g fiber one cereal
    5-10g mini chocolate chips

Or some variation of that with different fruit
  • FanoPlanesman
    FanoPlanesman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to do smoothies. Then schedules changed and I have less time to get ready in the morning. Now my go-to is oats on the go. Grab a mason jar, throw in rolled oats, dried fruit, nuts, and spices. Pour in boiling water. Put on the lid and wrap it up with a spoon. By the time I get to work, the oatmeal is cooked and cool enough to eat right away.

I find that sugar is completely optional (the fruit is sweet enough), but the spices are not (allspice and nutmeg make it for me).
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I always have a piece of spelt or rye toast with either avocado and scrambled eggs or Sometimes it's scrambled eggs and smoked salmon or just scrambled eggs.
  • blackoceanview
    blackoceanview Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Fruit and nuts
  • koolaidsmile79
    koolaidsmile79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bacon, ham or sausage, Eggwhite and cheese sammich. :D
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with a small tea-spoon of brown sugar & milk. Keeps me full for 4 hrs... :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Mexican egg white scramble or omelet (with onion, bell peppers) and salsa or just hot sauce. I also eat Canadian bacon and sometime add it to the eggs when cooking. This is my protein breakfast.

Quick go to is greek dannon triple zero yogurt, topped with granola (homemade) and unsweetened dried blueberries. This is my carb breakfast.

And coffee with all breakfast or sometimes just coffee.

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Grape nuts with a teaspoon of sugar and half cup of skim milk. I'll add a piece of fruit of quite hungry. I need the fiber and don't really believe in using powders.
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Porridge made with 100g of almond milk, 35g of oats, 15g of protein powder( I have salted caramel but the other half uses chocolate) and 50g of frozen berries. Pop in the microwave for 1 minute, stir then another minute. Quick and so filling :)
  • PlantBasedRnr
    PlantBasedRnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    After reading all these " healthy " options I am a little embarrassed to admit I have a weakness for Raisin Bran Crunch with a little All Bran mixed in... I should probably rethink my breakfast options but it seems to be working for me.
  • gilbyfc
    gilbyfc Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    egg beaters with a splash of cheese
  • AnishaLikesPizza
    AnishaLikesPizza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Low carb wrap with chicken breast and greek salad inside also with some halloumi slices and green tea
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Oatmeal with brown sugar
    An English muffin with butter and jam (little bit)
    An English muffin with 1 egg, half slice cheese, and 1 slice of ham

These seem to be the things that fill me up the most for the least calories.
  • RachaelRenk
    RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've been eating salad for "breakfast" (I bring it with me to work, but usually don't eat until mid-morning). Spring mix with one or two hard boiled eggs and some Newman's Own caesar dressing. Not traditional breakfast, but I've been digging it lately. I've also been getting back into overnight oats. Really easy to make and pretty tasty, but I need to fine tune my portions. It always seems like I end up making way too much after it spends all night expanding.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    A couple of cups of full fat or greek yogurt with raw cocoa stirred. No nonsense, quick to make and to eat!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    PB&J sandwich, low sugar jelly to cut the sugar level. Otherwise hard boiled eggs and maybe a piece of toast, and currently chocolate banana muffins that someone posted in the forums, washed down with skinny cow mocha (cause caffeine, and chocolate). Push comes to worse I'll grab a lean cuisine frozen meal, and I have 'emergency' to-go oatmeal cups in my pantry.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    bmireles81 wrote: »
    1 cup of black coffee mixed with a scoop of whey protein. Yum! !
    I've been meaning to try something like this, but with vanilla protein powder. Is the coffee strong enough to cover the whey taste @bmireles81 ? How's the texture? I've also considered adding protein powder to the milk for cereal (I generally go for something like Rice Krispies or cornflakes).
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with chocolate chips and a glass of almond milk on the side.