Wii fit.

Options
Im thinking about getting wii fit. Im just not sure if i would still get results from it. Is anyone doing it and getting results...

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'd get an xbox kinect if I were you. That gets more of your body moving
  • JenniferLynWhat
    Options
    Wii fit is pretty fun..There are a lot of different activities, but it's not a huge burn or anything. I usually burn around 130 calories in half an hour -- so if you wanted it for a huge burn -- not so much. But I love love love doing the yoga and strength training...once you unlock everything you can do "challenges" on jack knives and pushups to try and push yourself further every day. Wii fit plus lets you create routines or use pre-made routines. Overall, I love my wii fit -- but it's more of a game than a serious work out.
  • pikabeck
    pikabeck Posts: 6
    Options
    Definately - it's been a real driver in me losing a lot of weight twice (1st time baby weight, 2nd time weight put back on sitting at a desk all day long!)

If anything, the Body Tests spur you on to achieve, plus the exercises are OK too - I use the muscle exercises daily after doing pilates and Zumba. I used to enjoy the boxing and Rhythm Kung Fu. Wii Fit Plus is definately better than straight up Wii Fit.

Zumba Fitness is a must - so much fun and you work up a real sweat.
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started out on Wii Fit and quickly moved out of it as it was too repetitious. It's a good start but you'll get more bang for the buck with the Wii Active 2 system. I've been using that on a regular basis for the last 3 months and it varies the routines and keeps you motivated. It gradually intensifies the workouts so you're not constantly working at the same level.
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    I wouldnt have even started my journey without the wii fit
  • Revolutionwithin
    Revolutionwithin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hate exercising so what I love about Wii fit is the concept that you're having fun. I make sure I don't put in half effort when I play and keep moving as the games load etc. I would say that I am very interested in the Kinect from xbox, because the idea of not holding a remote seems pretty cool.

One day I'm sure I'll graduate up to something a little more demanding but right now it works for me.
  • ONEEYEDMIC
    Options
    We got the Wii Active Sports about 2 months ago and it was definitely the best investment. Although I don't trust the Heart Rate Monitor all the time,it is fairly accurate. We used to use Wii Fit, but Wii Active is much better. I am on the third phase of a 19 week workout and if you are true to yourself, the pounds will shed off!
  • boudrfra
    boudrfra Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The xbox Kinnect is really good. I find it's more intense than the Wii... nothing beats a good jog, but if you are going to play a game, might as well burn calories :_)
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like my WiiFit but, as others have said, it doesn't really get you sweating like other workout activities. I think that it can be good as a start, or on an off day for you to be able to keep moving, or do some stretching or small strength activities but not as a primary weight loss tool.

Also, it can be nice because it weighs you and will track your progress (though if you are overweight it yells at you haha)
  • mamieblueeyes
    mamieblueeyes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When I started this weight loss journey I had not exercised in a long time. The wii fit was a great start and I lost my first 12 pounds from using this along with counting calories. You wouldnt believe the difference it has made in my legs and butt. I am going to continue to do my wii fit plus and add a little something else on top of it to give myself more of a burn. But I highly recommend it to have something motivating and fun to do while on your weight loss journey!!
  • portianay
    portianay Posts: 13
    Options
    I hate exercise, and the wii Fit has changed all of that. I hop on for ten minutes here and there, throughout the day, even on my lunch hour, on the days I just cannot get a thirty-minutes-in-one-go time for exercise! It is fun, and that is what I needed. I do huff and puff, but I have a great time. I am losing weight, too! :-)

6936213.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit. I don't use the game that came with it but I do use the balance board with
    some of my other workouts for the Wii. I use it mostly with the Ea Sports Active More Workouts.
    I love that one.