• trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No, but it requires discipline and consistency and patience...unfortunately, a lot of people are lacking in all three departments.
  • amymariajames
    amymariajames Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes soo true
    And most importantly time
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Yes soo true
    And most importantly time

But time is going to pass anyway. Why not make that time beneficial and start making small changes that improve your health and the quality of your life? Time is a precious commodity. No sense wasting it!
  • amymariajames
    Options
  • amymariajames
    Options
    Thank u for the motivation
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    No. If you stay in a calorie deficit it is easy to lose weight. Some days it is easier to stay in a calorie deficit than others. There is some work involved in knowing whether you are eating in a calorie deficit or not. It's not really hard, but you have to be willing to weigh and measure food and log everything that you eat as accurately as you can. I eat whatever I want as long as it fits in my calorie goal. Sounds easy, but I can't always eat as much as I want if I want to stay in a deficit. I have found that the more weight I lose the less I want to eat things that put me over my deficit. It's not really hard to lose weight. You just have to be consistent with your logging and patient because it won't happen quickly.
  • PaulBonham
    PaulBonham Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    To be honest, using this tool has made it easy for me. You obviously have to have the desire to lose it in the first place, and I would like it to have happened quicker, but I'm really pleased with how things are going.

Good luck, it's worth it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Not much on your profile other than that you are young. IMO, it's harder to be unhappy with myself and my lifestyle than it is to lose weight and gain control over my own health and future. It will be harder to look back 10 or 20 years from now and wish you had started NOW.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I actually find weight loss to be easy. It's the mental aspect to it that trips me up.
    It's easy though to log your food and look at things mathematically and scientifically. And if you trust in the numbers and exercise some patience, the weight loss will come along with it.

I agree with the above comment though that it's alot harder to be unhappy with yourself and also it's alot harder (physically) to be lugging around ALOT of extra weight. I can't even imagine now what it'd be like to carry those 80 extra pounds I had around.
  • amymariajames
    Options
    Thank u all
    You guys are the best!!!!
  • LittlePikinini
    LittlePikinini Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's very important that you eat every 3-4 hours , and eat a lot of veg , and cereals or something healthy for breakfast . Is more about what you eat than how much , veg have hardly any fat or cals
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    No, but it requires discipline and consistency and patience...unfortunately, a lot of people are lacking in all three departments.

Yeeessss!! ^^^ so very true! Some days I have all three and some days I have none. It's a part of the process.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Exactly. If you want it bad enough you can usually do it.
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It's very important that you eat every 3-4 hours , and eat a lot of veg , and cereals or something healthy for breakfast . Is more about what you eat than how much , veg have hardly any fat or cals

This is wrong in many ways.... cereals depending on the type can be loaded with calories, and that's the name of the game calories. Eat a deficit, MFP will put you on the right amount. Eat when you need to 3-4 hours or not...again just watch the total. Nutrition is the type of foods you eat.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This is wrong in many ways.... cereals depending on the type can be loaded with calories, and that's the name of the game calories. Eat a deficit, MFP will put you on the right amount. Eat when you need to 3-4 hours or not...again just watch the total. Nutrition is the type of foods you eat.

^^^^^^^
    This is so true. Not everyone can eat tons of vegetables, or lots of fiber, or lots of protein, etc. Your body will adjust to certain changes, but others can be detrimental (especially if you pre-existing conditions). I for one have an allergy to corn, cannot eat a lot of gaseous foods (which includes vegetables and high fiber) due to colon issues, and also need caffeine (due to a neurological issue).

The same is true for exercises. Some can do things others either cannot or are uncomfortable with. Find what works for you and your body, and it will come.

• endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hard or easy depends on your life style and situation.

I'd think that it'd very hard, next to impossible, if the only joy you had in life was eating. This is basically the problem (challenge) that my wife and I are having.

On the other hand, it'd be super easy if someone hung a 1 million dollar prize for you to reach your ideal wt. This is why 99 out of 100 celebrities who bank on their images are consistently thin.
  • amymariajames
    Options
    But mostly I feel hungry
    I can't always keep eating
    But then I found a solution
    Try chewing a gum. It will surely keep my hunger under controlled.
  • amymariajames
    Options
    Thank u all for the suggestion
    But mostly I feel hungry
    I can't always keep eating
    But then I found a solution
    Try chewing a gum. It will surely keep my hunger under controlled.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    This is something I heard which is kind of cheesy but it struck a cord with me.

Losing weight is hard......being overweight is hard.....choose which hard you want.

Personally I don't like being overweight with how it limits me and the increased risks for my health...so even though losing weight can be a struggle for me, I choose that hard over the being overweight hard :)

If you are feeling hungry all the time check your calories. If you set your goal to lose more than 1lb a week it can really lower your calorie goal and leave you with not a lot to play with. So set a small calorie deficit. Eat sufficient protein and fat as both of these are filling and satisfying. Drink plenty of fluids to make sure you stay hydrated and as long as it fits in to your calorie goals allow yourself treats, whatever you really like whether that is some chocolate or some cake or some wine. That way the losing weight doesn't seem so hard.

Also something I have found is I will sometimes think I am hungry but it's more of a craving. If I distract myself for 15 minutes I find it goes away. If it's genuine hunger then it gets worse and I get something to eat.

Hope this helps :)