need meal ideas

Options
What are your favorite foods for all meals? I am sick of having the same foods all the time lol. Im in food rut

Replies

• ckasap
    ckasap Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love avocado and always try to have at least a little for good fat and creaminess. My lunch this week was a spinach tortilla wrap with green, tomatoes, peppers, chickpeas, chicken, and avocado. Delicious and super filling!
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    My son is a massive fan of my baked turkey and spinach meatballs with tomato sauce and linguine.
  • Only1Golda
    Only1Golda Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Explore Asian line? High protein low carb simple ingredients organic pasta and delicious. Also try using different spices, it makes a huge difference
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I alternate between 2 crispbread + spread + milk and porridge (oatmeal, semolina, polenta or millet) w/butter. Or maybe a filled pita. Always a piece of fruit and abt 80 grams raw vegetables.

For lunch, same as breakfast, or green salad with some protein+grains, or noodles and vegetables, and fruit. Maybe hot cocoa, or accidental leftovers.

For dinner, I rotate through the week: Monday: soup (+dessert) or stew, Tuesday: Chicken thigh/wings or pork chop + sweet potato mash(w/ red chili) or barley + peas or green beans, Wednesday: planned leftovers form Monday, Thursday: Salmon filet + brown basmati rice (w/soy sauce) + peas or green beans; or pickled herring w/shallots + mashed potatoes, Friday: Anything - something new, takeaway, readymeal, Saturday: cheese on toast w/pickled cucumber and shallots + milk + vegetables; or pancakes w/honey, jam(+whipped cream), dulce de leche, hazelnut butter(+sweetener) + vegetables, Sundays: T-bone steak + corn on the cob + oven roasted parsnip w/honey and sesame seeds; or T-bone steak + mashed potatoes + oven roasted brussel sprouts w/butter, salt and pepper; or lamb chops + mashed potatoes + brussel sprouts or asparagus; or corn on the cob + boiled artichoke w/melted butter and slices of ham.

For supper, I have at least some nuts or nut butter, fruit and vegetables in some combination, often with dairy too. Could be a smoothie made from banana, milk, frozen berries, or lime; or banana, milk, peanut/hazelnut butter and cocoa; or some cheese - for instance roquefort, brie or Port Salut with grapes or pear; or Granny Smith apple or orange with peanut butter; or pear with almond or cashew butter. Or Greek yogurt with nuts/nut butter and honey or maple syrup.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    The BLOG tab under EAT has loads of recipes. I like the one pot and slow cooker meals. It is so nice when you can throw things in the pot in the morning and come home to a warm and yummy dinner.
  • UnicornAmanda1
    UnicornAmanda1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    The BLOG tab under EAT has loads of recipes. I like the one pot and slow cooker meals. It is so nice when you can throw things in the pot in the morning and come home to a warm and yummy dinner.

Nice! Thanks!
  • UnicornAmanda1
    Options
    Only1Golda wrote: »
    Have you tried the Explore Asian line? High protein low carb simple ingredients organic pasta and delicious. Also try using different spices, it makes a huge difference

I have never heard of it!
  • UnicornAmanda1
    Options
    My son is a massive fan of my baked turkey and spinach meatballs with tomato sauce and linguine.

Recipe please?!
  • UnicornAmanda1
    Options
    ckasap wrote: »
    I love avocado and always try to have at least a little for good fat and creaminess. My lunch this week was a spinach tortilla wrap with green, tomatoes, peppers, chickpeas, chicken, and avocado. Delicious and super filling!

Sounds delicious
  • StopEating17
    StopEating17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For a nice breakfast you could do: 2 pieces of 15- grain light bread toasted, one side wth sugar free strawberry jam and sliced strawberries and the other side with natural Peanut Butter with sliced bananas, and then on the bananas I put a little dab of Nutella on each piece and stick a walnut to each and SMOOSH it together...Happy Eating!!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I usually have things like yogurt, cereal, fruit, a sandwich or dinner leftovers for breakfast.
    For lunch a sandwich, salad or dinner leftovers is typical.
    Snacks are things like fruit, carrots, celery, broccoli, cheese, deviled eggs, trail mix, granola bars, yogurt, or popcorn.
    I plan dinners for the whole month at once with somthing different every night. I have my dinner list on my blog if you want to see it for ideas. https://lounmoun.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/meal-plan-end-of-feb-end-of-march/
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love a particular cookbook called "The Looneyspoons Collection". It has delicious recipes in it and it is constantly open on my kitchen counter. It includes an array of foods, from good old meatloaf to pad thai. Vegetarian as well as meat. Desserts and soups and salads and mains. Nutritional information (calorie count etc) is included. I have been cooking almost exclusively from it since about October, and everything is good, with only a couple of recipes that got a "meh" from hubs. Everything is available in a chain grocery store, no exotic or hard to find ingredients. If you are looking for a new idea, or a twist on an old idea, this might be helpful to you.
    Also handy is that the recipes are in the MFP database.