This Could Help All of Us :-)

Options

Replies

• bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing every morning...

- iced vanilla latte (8 oz 1% milk, 4oz espresso, 2 pumps vanilla syrup) (homemade)
    - whole wheat multigrain bread -- toast, with 1 tbsp peanut butter and coated with cinnamon.

(290 calories)

In the winter I'll sometimes have oatmeal instead of the toast.
  • Jazzy_Maria
    Jazzy_Maria Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1 cup (cooked) oatmeal
    2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
    1 cup skim milk (to drink)

I'm pretty boring and eat this every morning, but I love it and it keeps me satisfied for most of the morning!
  • rkinard1
    rkinard1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love these from McDonalds. I wish I can make my own.
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    On a typical morning...probably 6/7 mornings, I have my morning pick me up...a dry packet of Hazelnut Cappuccino Cooler (now called Iced Latte) mixed with one cup of skim milk. :love:
    1 Glass = 150 cal.....it does however have 28g of carbs...most of which is sugars....but I am addicted....I can't help myself. :ohwell: My other love is Special K Fruit and Yogurt.

Thanks for starting this thread...always up for new meal ideas. :flowerforyou:

~melissa
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Smart Ones (by Weight Watchers) Egg and Cheese English Muffin sandwich - 210 calories.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    2 hard boiled eggs, Thomas hearty whole grain bagel, some fat free margerine, big glass of ice cold water.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Kashi Truly Vanilla hot cereal w/ 1/2 cup skim milk, banana, and 1/2 T Natural Skippy PB

And of course, my cup of coffee with 1 stevia pckt and 2 T Almnd Joy creamer
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    gluten free oatmeal
    truvia
    cinnamon
    fage 0% greek yogurt
    almonds
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Today was a grab and go day :)

1 Packet of Better Oats - Oat Fit Instant Oatmeal, Maple and Brown Sugar (100 cals)
    1 Medium banana (105 cals)
    Cup of black coffee

205 calories total
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt
    1/3 cup of frozen raspberries
    1/8 cup of granola

mix together- sweet, smooth and crunchy

colder days

oatmeal
    with fruit/raisins ect.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I changed to Oatabix with skimmed milk about 5 months ago and I LOVE it, i've never really been a cereal person but this keeps me nice and full.

The other thing I like about it is the fact that the portions are easy to measure it comes in "bricks" I have two or three "bricks" depending on how hungry I feel. I struggled to measure out 30g of Cornflakes (or whatever) beacuse I just don't have the time in the morning.

Alot of people wont like them 'cos they're full of carbs but I hardly eat any other carbs throughout the day.
    Edit:-

Some stats... http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/breakfast-cereals/7557/2
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I had porridge with skimmed milk, chopped up half an apple and sprinkled cinnamon over the top!

Cinnamon is great as an alternative to sugar as it sweetens, but contains no calories and actually aids weight loss!

Great huh?

technically cinnamon has 5 calories per teaspoon... just sayin.. I don't want people to be cooking with it and think its a freebee.. however 5 calories pretty much is a freebee.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I love to cook and I love variety, but I do have some favorite combos that keep me full.

Today I had:
    1/2 old fashioned oatmeal made with 1 cup of coconut milk
    8 or so strawberries sliced into it
    1 tsp agave nectar drizzled on top

This combo (with the strawberries cooked into it) tasted like dessert and was so satisfying.

Two other breakfasts that I have regularly:

Breakfast sandwich:
    1 egg over easy
    1 2% cheese slice
    on a whole wheat english muffin

Omelet or scramble:
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup of sauteed veggies, such as onions, peppers, and mushrooms (I will usually saute a bunch of veggies and keep them in the fridge for use throughout the week)
    1 tbsp blue cheese crumbles

I really like to use real food and just eat less of them. I'm not a big fan of fake fats or sugars so I don't use them very often in my cooking.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    This morning was:

1 hard-boiled Eggland's Best large egg.
    1 container Fage 2% greek yogurt with strawberry.
    1/2 ounce of raw almonds (added to the yogurt).
    1 cup of coffee.
    1 medium size banana.

I think it comes out to about 455 calories. I usually boil several eggs on Sunday and eat them throughout the week, then switch to something else high in protein for a few days, then back to eggs.
  • michelleisgettinfit
    Options
    Blueberry Cheesecake Protein Shake
    1 cup skim milk
    3/4 cup blueberries
    2 scoops NSI Vanilla Whey Protein
    1 Tbsp Sugar Free Cheesecake Instant Pudding Powder
    1 Graham Cracker
    Ice

Yummy Goodness! (327 calories)
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    I had a apple
    two eggs
    and cheese
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    I had a apple
    two eggs
    and cheese
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I was in a huge rush this morning, so just had a bowl of cereal/milk (and a pancake from the stack my daughter made), but I picked up some Chobani Greek yogurt today, so the plan for tomorrow is yogurt with a nectarine & some homemade basic granola for crunch. Other standard breakfasts for me are oatmeal/fruit or loaded scrambled eggs.
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    an orange and a yogurt! :) I have a hard time eating big breakfasts, especially now that I'm working early mornings and usually eat at work.

Also love Special K with sliced banana, cinnamon and Splenda, or cream of wheat with cinnamon and splenda brown sugar if I'm at home. I like my sweet breakfasts, not big on eggs! Love toast but trying to cut back on it!
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Blueberry Cheesecake Protein Shake
    1 cup skim milk
    3/4 cup blueberries
    2 scoops NSI Vanilla Whey Protein
    1 Tbsp Sugar Free Cheesecake Instant Pudding Powder
    1 Graham Cracker
    Ice

Yummy Goodness! (327 calories)

mmmm sounds delish! I'm gonna look for the cheesecake pudding powder!