2»

Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    6 days / week average
    Walk for 1hr 3-4miles depending on how much effort I give M-F
    (sometimes on weekends but usually not purposeful exercise)
    Lift 4 evenings per week.
  • Lesley2603
    Lesley2603 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Monday treadmill, between 30 and 45 mins, Tuesday 1 hr with trainer, Wednesday Pilates class, Thursday, 1 hr with trainer, Friday dog walking about 2.5 - 3 miles. Mon to Thurs I walk around three miles to and from work, may be more if my husband can't give me lift to train
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you're doing (impact, intensity, adaptation) there's no reason not to be active 7 days a week.

Personally I do something every day (most days twice) but I alternate running with non-running days, don't lift weights on consecutive days etc and usually one day a week will be an active recovery way where I walk or snowshoe.

What type of exercises are you doing and how long have you been going at it? How big a calorie deficit are you maintaining?

45 minutes a day (unless it's something insanely intense) shouldn't be leaving you exhausted unless you're fairly new to your fitness program and it might just be a matter of your body becoming more efficient at storing glycogen and your mitochondrial density hasn't gone up yet (your body undergoes a lot of adaptations when becoming active again) or it could be that you're simply not getting enough fuel.

• mlcollins89
    mlcollins89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I GO to the gym 5-6 days a week but on "off" days I try to hike, walk, snowshoe, etc.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have just started working out again and I am going to the gym everyday for 30 minutes.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I exercise 3x/week, sometimes 4x. Once the ground is dry and the sun stays out a bit later I will play Ultimate 1x/week, and I think I just finished up skiing (1x/week) for the year.

However, none of that is for weight loss. I lost weight at the same rate exercising 2x/week as I did 4x/week because I regulate my food intake based on how active I was. If you are burnt out in the gym, take a day off and reduce your calorie intake by the appropriate amount (for example, 45 minutes of running would be ~400-500 calories for me).
  • mandietippets
    mandietippets Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you're doing (impact, intensity, adaptation) there's no reason not to be active 7 days a week.

Personally I do something every day (most days twice) but I alternate running with non-running days, don't lift weights on consecutive days etc and usually one day a week will be an active recovery way where I walk or snowshoe.

What type of exercises are you doing and how long have you been going at it? How big a calorie deficit are you maintaining?

45 minutes a day (unless it's something insanely intense) shouldn't be leaving you exhausted unless you're fairly new to your fitness program and it might just be a matter of your body becoming more efficient at storing glycogen and your mitochondrial density hasn't gone up yet (your body undergoes a lot of adaptations when becoming active again) or it could be that you're simply not getting enough fuel.

I'm pretty active all day at work, I work at a large hospital so it's not like I'm ever just sitting around. Even on my days off I'm chasing my son and taking the dogs for walks, etc. I think I may be coming down with a little bug because my body is beat but I also don't think I'm eating enough calories. I'm typically around 1100 while I'm burning about 600+ calories with exercise. I need to try and incorporate more protein in my diet as well.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options

I'm pretty active all day at work, I work at a large hospital so it's not like I'm ever just sitting around. Even on my days off I'm chasing my son and taking the dogs for walks, etc. I think I may be coming down with a little bug because my body is beat but I also don't think I'm eating enough calories. I'm typically around 1100 while I'm burning about 600+ calories with exercise. I need to try and incorporate more protein in my diet as well.

Yeah, you should eat at least some of the exercise calories. You'll probably feel a bit better.

I walk 4 days a week to get 10k steps a day at an easy-brisk pace, and 'run' (C25K) 3 days a week, plus whatever else I need for the step total. I don't do anything else yet because I'm focusing on weight loss rather than muscle. I eventually want to run for 45min to an hour 4 days a week or so, with walking on the days off.

I understand the 'fitness isn't for weight loss' mentality, but right now I exercise just so I can eat more and still lose weight. I think in that way I am doing it for weight loss, but I realize it's the deficit that enables the loss.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I think if you are exhausted then take a break and do something you truly enjoy.
    Then when you hit the gym again you will feel even more motivated and refreshed!
    It's ok to take a rest, I think it's good for the body and mind to rest when you are exhausted.
    I usually exercise 4 to 5 times a week.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise to lose weight, that's what my calorie deficit is for.

Came here to say this.

To the OP: If you want to exercise daily, you have to work up to it, and then structure in a cross training program.
  • lezerlies
    lezerlies Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Lesely2603 wrote: »
    Monday treadmill, between 30 and 45 mins, Tuesday 1 hr with trainer, Wednesday Pilates class, Thursday, 1 hr with trainer, Friday dog walking about 2.5 - 3 miles. Mon to Thurs I walk around three miles to and from work, may be more if my husband can't give me lift to train

We've got a very similar schedule. I work out with a trainer 45 mins tues and thurs, Pilates on wed and sun and run about 3 miles on Saturday and Sunday.

• _angee
    _angee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I exercise 6x a week but I have an active rest day to promote recovery
    4x weight lifting
    2x cardio + HIIT
    1x active rest day -- pilates + yoga or light run