Getting out of bed to exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, yes you are right I am eating 1500-1600 cals and i am weighing everything so that figure is correct. I am cutting, over half way to my goal now though which i hope to hit in April at some stage. Yes maybe after that I might have more energy when I crank up the cals again.
  • emily_koenen
    emily_koenen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person either but I'm determined to get up and smash out my 5am gym classes..it'll all become part of your routine soon
  • justjumpit278
    justjumpit278 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    For me, this was just FORCING myself to do it. I used to try to go to the gym after working for 9 hours, but I could rarely find the energy. I was just unmotivated the gym was crowded by that time of day.
    I tried going in the morning once (it helped to have a friend meeting me there, that way I couldn't just hit snooze) and I found I had so much more energy to get through my workout! At first I was just going to go a couple mornings a week, but I made the decision to go EVERY morning. That way it was cemented in my routine.
    Every night I pack my gym bag and have it by the door. I lay out my workout clothes so it's easy to get going in the morning.
    So many times I have desperately wanted to go back to bed and get another hour of sleep, but I tell myself that's not going to help me lose weight, so off to the gym I go! I usually get there around 6:25am and leave around 7:30am to get to work by 8.
    I've also found that I puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    blakeym wrote: »
    I find the post AM workout shower never stick's and I end up commuting still perspiring, yeah....that's nasty.

I usually take a cold shower and that seems to help, but yeah, i know
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i prefer working out in the morning. it gets it over and done with and far fewer things can get in the way. That being said I struggle getting up. In the fall, I bought a wakeup light, which helped with dark wake ups. Setting things out the night before helps too. Unfortunately, the best thing seems to be just suffering through until it become a habit.

Perks of workout in the morning
    -getting it over and done with
    -having an evening
    -gym is way less busy in the am
    -people are serious and social, "my body is my hobby" types
    -you feel even more awake then if you slept that extra time