Quitting Added Sugar - Anyone doing this?

Options
2»

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    @arditarose has to be
  • r9o1n6
    r9o1n6 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    @arditarose I guess I am dead as I am running a small deficit.

methinks troll
    Oh I looked. You just joined today to rant about diet soda.

Wtf do you think this is for to talk about health sh== you most be in the wrong room
  • r9o1n6
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    @arditarose I guess I am dead as I am running a small deficit.

methinks troll

Dont get butt heart because i know wtf im talking about. You most be a diet soda drinker hey that's your choice.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    Please tell use uneducated people how one loses, maintains or gains weight.
  • r9o1n6
    Options
    Please tell use uneducated people how one loses, maintains or gains weight.

First thing read a little bit more. Dont get mad . . . Its life you cant know it all
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    I want your explanation because mine is pretty wide spread information
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    r9o1n6 wrote: »
    <---- yup super morbidly obese because i drink diet soda every day.Show me the statistics that say most diet soda drinks are overweight.

Weight gain is from consuming more calories than you burn.

Weight gain is from consuming more calories than you burn so I'm going to eat 1800 calories and burn 1800 calories I would be dead. Not mad at you you just have to educate yourself a little bit more on how calorie burning works

Ironic post is ironic...

Anyway, back to the OP since her thread wasn't about diet soda or energy balance... while I'm a firm believer that absent a specific medical reason to restrict sugar or other foods they can be consumed in moderation as part of a healthy diet, and that "clean eating" has too many definitions to make it a helpful phrase... I commend anyone who wants to try to get healthier. For me the way to do that was not by cutting out foods, as I found that to be too restrictive and difficult to adhere to. My approach was to work to add more healthy things to my life: more vegetables, more protein, more food I prepare, more exercise. But I still drink diet soda, don't specidically limit added sugars but I dont usually exceed my sugar goal, and I average 15K steps a day.

Good luck!
  • cjean920
    cjean920 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do the Paleo Diet from time to time and it REALLY helps with my addiction to sugar. I always feel amazing when I'm doing the Paleo Lifestyle too!!
  • Sash27
    Sash27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    cjean920 wrote: »
    I do the Paleo Diet from time to time and it REALLY helps with my addiction to sugar. I always feel amazing when I'm doing the Paleo Lifestyle too!!

I don't drink soda of any kind, and only used to drink in very rare instances, so sugar-free sweeteners never appealed to me, so that's not a problem for me. I am finding however, is that, from my own personal experiences that the taste buds adjust quite fast and the craving for added sugar disappears on its own. I'm okay with fruit in moderation. I think Paleo diet is one of the cleanest diets there are. Although, I don't believe in diets, but more of a lifestyle habit of clean eating. I'd like to try eating cleaner in general.
  • MarsieWieler
    MarsieWieler Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are going in the right direction. Keep it up!!
  • annette0225
    annette0225 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I dropped my sugar to one glass of home-made decaf iced tea, and any sugars that are in the processed foods I may eat. You'll feel much better, after the headaches go away. I watched am episode of house candy was made and I haven't any sweets for about 5 months. Not saying that look scrumptious, just determined to be healthy and fit. There are great recipes out there without all the sugar.
  • emily_koenen
    emily_koenen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on a similar diet plan to you ..it's not easy especially if people around you are eating food you use to love but when you see the change in yourself it's so worth it...keep up the good work :smiley:
  • Sash27
    Sash27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on a similar diet plan to you ..it's not easy especially if people around you are eating food you use to love but when you see the change in yourself it's so worth it...keep up the good work :smiley:

Thank you for the support, we don't gain weight over night so this isn't a quick fix, just persistence is needed!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I gave up "added sugar" for Lent one year, but it was a wash...because I was substituting with agave and honey. And Splenda and stevia. Life without sweets was a little too sad for me.

It makes so much more sense to me to simply have a calorie deficit and keep eating everything I enjoy.