Feeling insecure

Options
I'm not fat .. But my love handles just aren't my thing . They stick out more than my butt .. Lol . I really need help . Any workout suggestions ? Motivation talks? Healthy meals ? I'm only 20 . Shouldn't be so insecure but I am

Replies

• maggiearyan
    maggiearyan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Perhaps start toning exercising? Core work?
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce. You'll have to lose fat slowly from all over your body to tone down the love handles. (I have crazy big love handles myself)
  • westoncarling
    westoncarling Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just stay active and eat whole food sources for your macros you will see them melt away...long as kcal in is less than your daily expenditure start about 250 kcal below maintenance is a healthy start point
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Listen to all above. Reduce calories periodically and start some core exersices
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    the main reason people get love handles at low weights is because they choose the wrong size trousers / skirts

and progressive resistance

lift heavy things up and put them down again

to lose fat eat at a defecit

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    the main reason people get love handles at low weights is because they choose the wrong size trousers / skirts

and progressive resistance

lift heavy things up and put them down again

to lose fat eat at a defecit

I agree with Rabbit. If you're at a healthy weight and still have loose skin, body fat--I'd look into a recomp. There'a a great thread running on it. Do a search. It's by usmcrp-"Recomposition: maintaining weight while losing body fat". She's an expert, and will answer questions too. Best of luck.