Let's lose 100lbs

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    lthur714 wrote: »
    lets do this! 100 lb club! Motivation and positive vibes only

Think on this: you only have to lose 1 pound. Later, you can lose another, and so on. Just get through a day at a time. You will get there. Slow and sure wins the race. I used this philosophy to stop smoking and it worked well for me and I'm doing the same with weight loss. Once you get it in your mind, your body will follow.

Love this ... 1 pound at a time logic.
  • weightaminutenow
    weightaminutenow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Me too! Started at 112 to lose - down 14 lbs. 98 to go and counting......
  • Aleeshawilliams22
    Aleeshawilliams22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is the group I need! I want to lose 100lbs - started October 5, 2015. Down 23lbs so far. I still feel great and am motivated (I'm 1/4 of the way there!)

My weight loss is slow recently but i' m working on developing muscle mass and losing inches too - down almost as many inches as pounds!

Add me if you're motivated and want to encourage each other!

Happy to hear this
  • Aleeshawilliams22
    Aleeshawilliams22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Simmie2010 wrote: »
    Great and I'm very motivated as well. New to this forum. How do u add someone?

Click on there name and go to their profile
  • MrsBrooks0913
    MrsBrooks0913 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am back at this weight loss thing again. I have about 120 to lose. I was working on it last year and was doing great, then I got a new job, I wasn't able to get to the gym on my lunch anymore so I stopped trying to exercise. After that I stopped eating healthy and just got LAZY.
    In September I quit smoking and since then have put on close to 40 pounds. I am now heavier than I ever imagined I would allow myself to get.
    I really want to lose this weight, but am afraid to do it alone, I need someone who will be there to question me EVERY day and help motivate me EVERY day.
    My husband is going to be working out with me this time around and he's hoping to get in better shape but isn't going to be on here; and frankly he isn't always the best for motivation, he is always the first to say "lets just watch t.v".
  • mustangEvie
    mustangEvie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 140 pounds. I'm down 18 but still have a ways to go. Borderline diabetic and borderline high BP are my new motivators. Feel free to add me !
  • KpopGrad92
    KpopGrad92 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    61 days in, down 23 pounds with 81 more to go! Add me! I added some of you!!
  • missdegs
    missdegs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where do you start??? Dietician in UK suggested this app. So what have I got to lose, way too much weight! But starting somewhere is now. My husband is also doing this with me which is great. I have fibromyalgia plus numerous other health problems so exercise and tiredness sometimes doesn't go together....however I will persevere. So here goes, would love motivation, have lacked this hence the large amount I have to lose. Need to be fitter for Glastonbury Festival in June at least!! Any friends would be welcomed in helping me on my journey.
  • trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just started up a month ago. I have 127 lbs to lose. Anyone here feel free to add me to friends. Got my diet lined up pretty well, but having such a hard time working out. I can't use the excuse of just adding little extra physical activity each day is good enough (like taking stairs instead of escalator, etc.)
  • behnybaby
    behnybaby Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just rejoined MFP. I aim to lose 90 to 110 pounds, and I'm 61. So I'm expecting a long journey. Looking for lots of motivational help!

It is a journey, I am of similar age 63 soon and down 35 only 65 to go, would like that as my birthday gift to me, 6 months maybe I can manage that if not there is always a Christmas to celebrate. Constant weighing and measuring of foods and moving is the key. I use a Paleo based diet and Silver Sneakers and Aquafit to start. Now I have branched out some love Tai Chi and chair yoga for the relaxed way I feel when done. Not that it burns much in the way of calories but it is a new beginning one about me as yours is about you. Anyone wanting to feel free to friend me.
  • MandyCandy2555
    MandyCandy2555 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Okay so I've been logging for 142 days now.... But I have come to a stopping point I've lost 20 lbs but can't seem to lose any more!! My goal is 100 total.. So 80 left!! But... I have been stuck with this 20 for about 2 months!!!
  • RaveMoon
    RaveMoon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started yesterday! Looking for friends and support during the upcoming journey. I'm feeling really excited about it though. Feel free to add me!!
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I was down then stable then up a bit but I am now in my final push. I have about 20 pounds to go but my focus is still pretty strong.
  • cmbarbato71
    cmbarbato71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 53 days in and my overall goal is to lose 130 lbs. (although I would be thrilled with 100 1bs.) So far I've lost 14.6 lbs. I just increased my workouts (taking baby steps). We can do this together! If anyone is looking for people to help with motivation please feel free to add me.
  • TJH2
    TJH2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started the year at 310.4 I am currently at 292 as of this morning my goal weight is 150.

I am finally starting to enjoy the pains of working out and look forward to going to the gym as often as I can... Still working on getting rid of my sweet tooth but it is proving to be harder than I thought.

I love this thread and hope you will all add me so we can push and support each other.
  • monicaale38
    monicaale38 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I stared 287lb at the beginning of the year now im 273lb, my goal is 173lb
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    If I can encourage anyone. I started last March and as of this week I have lost 100 lbs. I still would like to lose about 100 more. If I can do it, we all can do it. Being positive helps a lot. Dedication and focus are other keys. Never give up and never quit. No matter what. What I have also learned is to not think of this journey as punishment or you surely will stop. I think of this as a process of life that I am going through. I look better and I feel better.
  • OakMan60
    OakMan60 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Started Jan 4th and down 42 lbs. Still a long way to 125 but hanging in there! Hoping for significant progress by the birth of my granddaughter in June. That keeps me motivated!
  • cjean920
    cjean920 Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I need to lose about 130 and definitely need a person who is competitive to help me. I am a very positive outgoing person with a side of humor and feel I could be a great support to whomever. Add me please and we can take over the world!!...one pound at a time of course.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    lost 101so far. 20 to go. feel free to add me :)