Keeping the booty but shedding the tummy and back fat?

Options
I gained more weight then i tought in the past year...i noticed boobs and butt got big (no complaints there)...but looked at scale and way above what i remember it being. Got everything set up at gym n getting in habbit of going (even at 2am when i get off work serving tables). I feel like im missing somthing..an exercise or maybe im not eating as good as i think i am?..any suggestions to lose and keep the butt and bust?

Replies

• ehardy2511
    ehardy2511 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Squat, squat and then squat again. Whats your qeight and hoq do your macros look?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce

you have to eat less food than you burn to drop fat

and weight train progressively to preserve muscle

• 5thHarmonyx
    5thHarmonyx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Do Excerxicses that will make the muscles in your bum bigger while losing weight, so get some cardio in at least 30 minutes a day while eating healthy portion sizes and do some excercises such as squats, lunges, etc. You can search on YouTube for some butt exercises
  • wanderingrat
    wanderingrat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Being able to target fat loss is a myth. Can't do that, it's genetic predisposition, it will add where it will add and it will go where it goes. If someone tells you otherwise, they're missinformed, lying, wishing or possibly trying to cheat you.
    The only way that can work is plastic surgery to remove the fatcells in one area and leave them alone in another.

What you can do though is stimulate the muscle grow in your rear and keep it bigger that way. (And that's squats, especially wide squats/sumo squats and using the stairs. Those generally are the most functional and effective exercises for your butt.)
    There's nothing you can do about the boobs though, except training your pecs to look more firm in the bust area.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Do Excerxicses that will make the muscles in your bum bigger while losing weight, so get some cardio in at least 30 minutes a day while eating healthy portion sizes and do some excercises such as squats, lunges, etc. You can search on YouTube for some butt exercises

this is not good advice

cardio is not a muscle builder - by it's very nature it's cardiovascular

progressive resistance build muscle ...rarely in defecit - OP would need to batten down her protein and eat in surplus whilst following a progressive overload programme to experience any significant muscular development

that said squats, bridges, hip thrusts and Brett Contreras Strong Curves is a worthy recommendation

with muscle butts get higher, tighter and rounder .. but significantly larger that carrying excess fat .. not really
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Agree with the strong curves book and small deficit, this is exactly what I did/am doing, and my muffin top has become extinct.

Butt got high and round, though at one point I did a bulk cycle then cut again (keeping the muscle and burning fat.

I must add though, some women lose from the tummy/boob area first then it comes off butt and legs. It all depends on genetics and fat cell size and distribution.

Nothing beats lifting weights though. Cardio cannot give you that look. I do a fair bit of cardio, but ito always 100% eaten back, there's too much risk for muscle loss at the intensity I work at. I do it for fun and fitness, not booty.
  • joncooper1980
    joncooper1980 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

this is not good advice

cardio is not a muscle builder - by it's very nature it's cardiovascular

progressive resistance build muscle ...rarely in defecit - OP would need to batten down her protein and eat in surplus whilst following a progressive overload programme to experience any significant muscular development

that said squats, bridges, hip thrusts and Brett Contreras Strong Curves is a worthy recommendation

with muscle butts get higher, tighter and rounder .. but significantly larger that carrying excess fat .. not really

You beat me to it. Good post
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My butt was the first to go...

But in maintenance it came back, and squats helped. But your tushy will in no way stay the same if you lose weight. You will just have to decide which is more important to you.