UK weightloss

Options

Replies

• carolynn382016
    carolynn382016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can follow me. I'm from the north west and my goals are very similar. Done all the diets you can think of, and 'lived' SLimming world for years but just didn't do it for me. Been on here since mid January - 1200 cals per day and gym visits and have lost 13lbs o:) would love for some company on this journey x
  • deepakanabar06
    deepakanabar06 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi also from the uk, East Midlands
    Lost 26 kilos originally on mfp and put some back on. Trying to get back into the routine
    Feel free to add me ☺️
  • witters87
    witters87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 13.7 stone and want to get to about 9.7 stone, I'm in the uk too x
  • sparklebunnbunn
    sparklebunnbunn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from Scotland, started at 14ish stone, down to 11st atm, been stuck since last year. Getting serious again, want to reach 10st by May. Feel free to add me :) xxxx
  • witters87
    witters87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Are you following any diet plan? I'm currently following slimming world plan, I used to go to group but I'm just doing it on my own from home, saves paying every week and I've already got the books and there's loads of groups on Facebook that help with syns x
  • _slimmingsam
    _slimmingsam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    witters87 wrote: »
    Are you following any diet plan? I'm currently following slimming world plan, I used to go to group but I'm just doing it on my own from home, saves paying every week and I've already got the books and there's loads of groups on Facebook that help with syns x

I tried slimming world but I couldn't lose weight on it. Could be to do with the fact there is no group where I live! I've tried but it just didn't work
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight............... You are currently over 13st and want to be 10st by June??
    3st straight is 42lb and you say you're "over" that, whatever than might mean, but lets only assume you wanted to lose 3st rather than "over" that, that's still 42lb in 102 days!! To lose a stone virtually every month, you would have to lose 3.5lb every week. That would be a weekly deficit of 12250 calories a week, or 1750 calories a day.

What's your plan for creating that deficit on a daily basis??
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    Let me get this straight............... You are currently over 13st and want to be 10st by June??
    3st straight is 42lb and you say you're "over" that, whatever than might mean, but lets only assume you wanted to lose 3st rather than "over" that, that's still 42lb in 102 days!! To lose a stone virtually every month, you would have to lose 3.5lb every week. That would be a weekly deficit of 12250 calories a week, or 1750 calories a day.

What's your plan for creating that deficit on a daily basis??

there shouldn't be one - that's an unhealthy rate and the OP should cut it to 1 - 1.5lbs a week maximum

but I know you know that

so OP?
  • robynmoosehead
    robynmoosehead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just added you!

I'm in Herts and started out at the same weight to you in January. Lost 17 pounds already!
  • runningalice
    runningalice Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm near Coventry in the UK :) feel free to add!

But @CollieFit is very right! please lose the weight sensibly at 1-2lbs a week and it is more likely to:
    1. Keep motivation and actually reach your goal!
    2. It be more enjoyable :)
    3. You are more likely to keep the weight off!

Good luck!
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    @runningalice im in coventry uk, i have 28lbs remaining to go on my journey give or take a few
  • dollydiva2
    dollydiva2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm in Hampshire, I've lost 1st 2lb so far (even though MFP thinks it's 3lb more than that, hiccup with the starting weight!)
    I want to lose another 6lb to get to my first goal, I'm trying to do this by the second week in April (it'll probably be 5lb but that's fine).
    Then when I'm back from holiday I want to lose another half a stone to a stone slowly at 1/2lb a week to get to my second goal which is to be within the recommended weight range for my height, I've got no time frame for this, it takes as long as it takes.
    Then it's all about maintenance which I've failed miserably at in the past.
  • avonarlene86
    avonarlene86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm in edinburgh. Started on MFP after realising how much I hate the new points system on Weight watchers. Just under 14st now, looking to lose 2st at least by November which is when I need to order my wedding dress! Xx
  • priyac1987
    priyac1987 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Im in the UK too.. Midlands :smile: down from 14st to 10st 5'5 and looking to drop the last 10-15lbs.
    Feel free to add me, but I also agree with the others that you should consider lowering your goal to around 1lb per week.
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm in York! I'm a Londoner at heart but am up north for uni! I've got 8lbs till I hit the healthy weight category though am aiming at losing another 10-12lbs. I'm looking to lose for Graduation but that is won't be until next year, so I've got plenty of time to lose it and work out the whole maintenance thing.
  • creekster76
    creekster76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm from the UK too. Feel free to add me. I've just started again on here this week. Weigh day is Sunday
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm in the UK as well but much heavier than all of you! I started out at 18 stone 12.6 at the beginning of January (exactly what I weighed the day I had my twins 18 months before).

*it keeps cutting off my post here and I don't know why???

Today I weighed in at 16 stone 10.6 and am aiming for just under 12 stone and a normal BMI. Feel free to add me!
  • deanna448
    deanna448 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK. I've got 1 1/2 stone left to lose. Please feel free to add me. I can't shake this last bit of weight and need all the encouragement I can.
  • wobchunk
    wobchunk Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi I'm in the U.K . . . .London, I need to lose around 28 lbs, lost 5lbs already this week add me.
  • neogramps
    neogramps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    From Glasgow here, list 40lbs already hem treaded water for a while, looking to lose another 15-20 by summer so feel free to add me.