Round face and I hate it...how to get rid of it?

Options
I personally don't like it. I mean it's like I have a thin figure everywhere else, mainly just work on a flat stomach and actually have a cute little bubble booty like some runners do.

My fiancé says he loves my little runners butt and chubby cheeks. But my chubby cheeks are what I don't like. How do I get a skinny face like Taylor Swift?

Replies

• vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Plastic surgery. Or, learn to appreciate the features you have as your fiancee apparently does.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    plastic surgery.....
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It sounds like that's just your genetics. You can get plastic surgery to change it, but other than surgery there isn't anything that I'm aware of that will change that.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    You don't need a face like Taylor Swift. Your face is like your name, Beautiful!! Be proud of YOU! xo
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Just hang in there. Menopause will slim it out for you, and throw in some wrinkles for free.

Cheers, h.
    Who longs for the chubby cheeks of her youth.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Read your own headline on your profile page.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You face looks "heart shaped" to me!
    Use blush and a good highlighter! ;-)
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Losing weight can reduce the subcutaneous fat in your face somewhat, but beyond a certain point, the shape of your face is a product of the shape of the bones of your skull and the genetically predetermined way in which you retain facial fat. Losing fat beyond a certain point may slim your cheeks (big MAY- think of all the slim and beautiful actresses who still have full cheeks and round faces at very low weights- Ginnifer Goodwin, Drew Barrymore, Emma Stone, Thora Birch, Christina Ricci, etc). But short of surgery, nothing is going to give you high cheekbones, a long face, and concave cheeks like Taylor Swift. That's just the way the genetic cookie crumbles.

Take heart, though- hardly anybody looks like Taylor Swift. And full cheeks are one of the hallmarks of youth, which is nice as you age. I'll admit there's a certain elegance to a sharp, finely-boned face, but that's a look that ages faster and harder than most.
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You can't target fat loss in certain areas.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Watch some you tube videos on contouring. You can do amazing things with makeup.
  • lauraebenavides
    lauraebenavides Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had that issue and once I added weights to my workouts, it went away along with some of my cleavege though.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90+ pounds and my face is still round.

You can't spot reduce. Your face is what it is. Short of cutting off your head, there is not much that you can do about it.

A better solution might be to go to Sephora, Ulta, etc. and learn makeup techniques that will help you to feel more confident.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have the same exact concern and insecurity and I believe some is genetics and I guess as more weight is shed off the face may slim down too. Too bad we can't spot reduce. My baby face cheeks are always brought up and I hate it too. I use a contouring makeup thing and it helps somewhat.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I know I don't want plastic surgery. I don't want to go that crazy. But wouldn't making sure low sodium in your diet is key?

Really? And I always wished I had a skinny bone structure or a heart shaped face too.

• Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    sarsather wrote: »
    I have the same exact concern and insecurity and I believe some is genetics and I guess as more weight is shed off the face may slim down too. Too bad we can't spot reduce. My baby face cheeks are always brought up and I hate it too. I use a contouring makeup thing and it helps somewhat.

Well I guess that's one thing I got from my mom. The thing is I don't want to keep relying on makeup because too much I feel just, I don't know, fake. I feel like I'm covering up who I really am. And I feel like I'm trying to be a different person.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Former moon faced gal over here!

What age are you? I swear it's only in the last 2 years since turning 26 that I have any discernible bone structure in my face. I look back on photos from before then and my face was just a bit...squishy looking...whatever weight I was.

Also - this bad boy is completely awesome
    http://www.illamasqua.com/gel-sculpt-silhouette/?gclid=CjwKEAiAgeW2BRDDtKaTne77ghgSJACq2U4b1HYMelitTqi96h_DNHYXaKCzn5gKMLjnmSy1nKQ7HRoCqzTw_wcB

Look up some youtube tutorials on how to use it. It's the best damn thing. It doesnt give you a new face, just a subtle cheekbone shadow.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I know I don't want plastic surgery. I don't want to go that crazy. But wouldn't making sure low sodium in your diet is key?

Really? And I always wished I had a skinny bone structure or a heart shaped face too.

Sodium doesn't make your face fat.

Since you don't want surgery, work on how to create shadows and highlights on your cheeks.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    sarsather wrote: »

Well I guess that's one thing I got from my mom. The thing is I don't want to keep relying on makeup because too much I feel just, I don't know, fake. I feel like I'm covering up who I really am. And I feel like I'm trying to be a different person.

That last bit is kind of ironic given the title of this thread. Seems like all you want to do is change something that is a defining part of your physical appearance. The shape of your face comes from your bone structure. It is who you really are. So if you don't like that and you want to change it, what difference does it make if it's done with makeup or whatever solution you thought you were going to find here?

• MsTiff1981
    MsTiff1981 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You will definitely like the round cheeks/face as you age. I am my mid 30s and often get mistaken for early 20s. It is definitely genetic. My grandma who I get mine from was 90 when she passed away but looked no where near that age.
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Former moon faced gal over here!

What age are you? I swear it's only in the last 2 years since turning 26 that I have any discernible bone structure in my face. I look back on photos from before then and my face was just a bit...squishy looking...whatever weight I was.

Also - this bad boy is completely awesome
    http://www.illamasqua.com/gel-sculpt-silhouette/?gclid=CjwKEAiAgeW2BRDDtKaTne77ghgSJACq2U4b1HYMelitTqi96h_DNHYXaKCzn5gKMLjnmSy1nKQ7HRoCqzTw_wcB

Look up some youtube tutorials on how to use it. It's the best damn thing. It doesnt give you a new face, just a subtle cheekbone shadow.

^^^^
    Get yourself a good contour kit, look up some tutorials and try to accept that's the best you'll do with what you've got!