Change your current weight in MFP as you lose it?

Options
Hi everyone!

If your weight changes do you update your information in the goals section? I lost a couple of pounds and if I change my current weight there it will change my caloric needs, correct?

So my real question is how often should current weight be updated in the goals section?

Thank you!

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I think it prompts you to do it after losing 10 lbs from memory, but you can do it as often as you like.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    I'd say make it a habit every 10 to 15lbs.
  • jgaffney86
    jgaffney86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    MFP should change your caloric intake when you log your weight in. I have always done 1 way in per week and no more than that. Anything over that and it becomes impulsive lol. Besides its not all about the scale anyway. If you feel, you can do different body measurements. You may have some weeks where you retain alot of water but your waist line will still shrink!
  • foxlme
    foxlme Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you're updating your weight under the check-in feature, once you've hit a significant loss (which I think yarwell is right, 10 pounds) it will suggest adjusting your calories. MFP generally recommends checking-in with an updated weight every week.
  • zerojunk
    zerojunk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I do the guided setup every time I lose a pound. Every pound lost changes your daily caloric goal.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Oops it looks like it changes the weight automatically, which I assume will change the caloric needs automatically as well. Sorry for the unnecessary thread!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    The way it's set up, you update your weight on the "check in" page of the website, or the "progress" tab of the mobile app.

As long as you haven't entered a custom calorie goal, it will tell you to run your goals every 10 lbs.
  • zerojunk
    zerojunk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It changes the weight for you, but I had to run the guided setup for goals again for the caloric needs to adjust. I had to anyway.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I update my weight every week. And yes, it changes your goals, but you can also manually set your calorie goal to whatever you like.