any other petites?

Options
I just joined about a week ago but I have been trying to lose weight since April of this year. In April, I changed from a mostly-standing job in the city to a desk job closer to home. Since I no longer commute 4 hours a day, I have more time to devote to exercising. Longer lunch breaks mean better eating, also -- I've cut out most fast food and I miss it like crazy, but I know it'll be worth it.

Anyway, I'm 22 years old and 4'11, right now I weigh about 139 pounds. My lowest adult weight was 97 pounds when I ran long distance track in high school. I feel like that weight is unattainable, so my goal weight now is for 115 pounds (right in the middle of my "healthy" weight range). My highest weight was 148 pounds and it took me FOREVER to get below 140.

I'm sick of taller women (5'4+) saying that they're "fat" at 130 pounds. It really makes me feel awful, because I'm much shorter and heavier than they are. I'm looking for other short people that are looking to lose 20-30 pounds. Anyone wanna be my buddy?

Replies

• nimbi
    nimbi Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm about 5`0 and a half! I don't have as much to lose as you though, I'd like to get about 20lbs off optimally but I'd be happy with 7 - 15 off.

Good luck!
  • nimbi
    nimbi Posts: 27
    Options
    Oh and I just noticed we're the same age, awesome.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 also and started losing weight when I was just under 200 pounds (right now I'm around 130). My goal weight (which I'd be ecstatic to reach and maintain) is higher than lots of women who have a good 6" (or more!) on me. So I get what you're saying!
  • adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    Options
    Hi. I'm 4'11-1/2". I got to my weight goal in April. Actually I went too far and now I'm trying to safely regain a few pounds. I plan to stick around for maintenance so I don't sneak up on myself and need to diet again. I'd be happy to cheer you on one petite to another.