Best Elliptical Option/Type to buy?

Options
jenniator
jenniator Posts: 475 Member
edited March 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone,

I've seen several different types of elliptical's for sale second hand. However, I don't know anything about the brands and or which one is the best. So I would love other people's opinions and recommendations. I would love one that has a setting to change the resistance put and down every minute like the Precor Adaptive Motion Trainer. The Precor Adaptive Motion Trainer has been the best and most favorite elliptic I used, but unfortunately it is too expensive. So it would be great if I could find one that is similar or just as good. I was wondering out of this list if anyone knows the best brand/type.

LifeFitnes 9100 Crosstrainers
LifeFitness 9500HR Crosstrainers
LifeFitness X9i Crosstrainer
crosstrainer Life Fitness Silverline 95Xi
crosstrainer Life Fitness 9500HR

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    @jenniator

Unless you are dead set on certain models, you might want to check out used commercial grade stuff. Though older models might give up certain programming options you like, the price differences are huge. Depending on the type you buy, many can also have in home maintenance done to refurbish them if needed, and most of the commercial grade stuff will last a lifetime in home use.

We have an older Precor EFX machine, and though the display and programming lack comparing to newer machines, the internals are essentially the same. Less programs, but plenty of data, eddy current resistance settings, power ramp, etc.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I recommend investing in one that will last. We have a Precor that is now 15+ years old, and it gets daily use. Go commercial grade, even if you have to buy refurbished. It might be double the cost of a less expensive one, but if you have to replace it, then that is rather a moot point anyway.