Motivation help!

Options
katikuenzler453
katikuenzler453 Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
This is maybe my 20th time starting over. Im so done being down in the dumps. Looking for friends to keep each other on track! Motivation. Accountability. Someone to tell me to put the donut down. I wanna be healthy again. Help me..

Ps. Hi im kati!

Replies

• 2blessed08
    2blessed08 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Kati.
    We can get this done. I think the 20th time is the charm. Right? Today is the perfect day to start over.
  • nicolemacdonald2013
    nicolemacdonald2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can do it.. just take one meal at a time.
  • katikuenzler453
    Options
    Yes! Love the positivity. Thank you. I feel like this time around is so much harder and I don't know why! But im gonna get a workout in now and just take it from there..
  • Doin_it_4me920
    Doin_it_4me920 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just remember if you slip up and eat that donut it doesn't ruin your whole diet just that meal so get back on track with the next meal. I know this from experience. Yesterday I went to get a coffee and they were 2 for a dollar so I got two and of course ate them. Haha but just watched what I ate the rest of the day and was still under calories. You got this. Little steps and be happy for the little victories so you don't get diacouraged!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just remember if you slip up and eat that donut it doesn't ruin your whole diet just that meal so get back on track with the next meal. I know this from experience. Yesterday I went to get a coffee and they were 2 for a dollar so I got two and of course ate them. Haha but just watched what I ate the rest of the day and was still under calories. You got this. Little steps and be happy for the little victories so you don't get diacouraged!!

I ate 2 doughnuts yesterday - I'll still be under my calorie goal for the week :)
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes and goes. Discipline and commitment are more important toward achieving your goals.
  • jessgarr30
    jessgarr30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Girllllllllll that's me to a t ... I'm starting over again ... After so much hard work the first time around. We got this ;)
  • katikuenzler453
    Options
    Haha i didnt mean it literally really. Donut is just my word for all junk food. I got in the habit of fast food every day for dinner and eating nothing else. So hello again 15lbs. Its been really hard to break it. Tired of feeling like dog crap every night because of all that processed junk.
  • katikuenzler453
    Options
    Motivation comes and goes. Discipline and commitment are more important toward achieving your goals.

Completely agree. Those 2 things are lost some where. Just trying to find them again
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off MFP a few times myself. What is working for me so far this time around (thanks to the aforementioned discipline and commitment! :) ) is seeing positive results. I just recently was able to fit into a pair of shorts and swimming trunks that have been too tight for a while, talk about motivation!

So maybe get back into it, set your MFP goals and stick to them. Do the right thing and you will see results, perhaps that will continue to motivate you.