anyone pregnant and just trying not to gain a ton?

Options
I am 3 months pregnant with my 3rd child and started out 20 lbs overweight. My first two pregnancies I gained between 40-60 lbs each time. So this time I can only gain 25 lbs. So I'm on maintenance, but also I just want to hold myself accountable for my calorie intake! So if you're pregnant and in maintenance please add me! Thanks

Replies

• LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 months pregnant! Feel free to add me and check out this group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant
  • hev481
    hev481 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    In your first trimester you don't need to eat additional calories over maintenance, but In your second trimester it is generally advisable to add ~350 calories to your TDEE and in your third trimester a bit over 400. If you are already overweight , the only 15-25 lbs of additional gain is safe (but definitely no lower)...but eating "at maintenance" (in second trimester onwards) could actually be hazardous for your baby's health. Remember that your TDEE/metabolism is much higher when pregnant. Talk to your OB, and make sure you are all set at that level!
  • ravanhorn
    ravanhorn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found this thread. I was working on loosing weight and I've lost 13 pounds since January. Then I find out I'm pregnant. I'm super excited! But I'm with the first poster and I do not want to gain much weight. This is baby number 3. I'm 32 now and I'll have a birthday before the baby arrives. It just is getting harder to lose the weight as I get older. I still want to watch my intake so that the nutrition is right, but may need a little help.
    Also may I ask what is TDEE? Thanks
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure
  • djlebreton
    djlebreton Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I am 5 weeks pregnant with my third and feeling the same way. I lost 105 lbs over the last 2 years and I am terrified to gain too much weight. I gained a lot with my first two. I just have my calories set to maintenance and I am eating as healthy as I can :smile:
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm pregnant with my first and my doc told me that because of my weight I should gain between zero and 15 lbs
  • LoveToDance9
    LoveToDance9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm pregnant with my first (13 weeks now) and would love some more connections with pregnant women working not to gain too much during pregnancy.
  • lstubbs2
    lstubbs2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello im 22 weeks and 4 days. Trying to stick to arround 2000 calories or less a day. Not really tracking consistently but trying to see if im eating enough or not too much. Ive gained 2.5kgs so far. How are you going?
  • ashliwatts1
    ashliwatts1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My goal is the same! I am actually working on toning my legs and arms as well :) I am 17 weeks along. Everyone can add me!:)
  • srikkoduri
    srikkoduri Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm five weeks pregnant and am type 1 diabetic. Really need to watch my intake and maintain my weight. I hope to keep it to a minimum not sure what that would be though.
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb. I don't want gestational diabetes or to gain a ton of weight. I'm not sure I'll be able to do it once morning sickness sets in, but plan to return as soon as morning sickness goes away.
  • laurfaiers
    laurfaiers Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just found out I'm pregnant with my first, so I'm super new to all this! Feel free to add
  • jesssonj05
    jesssonj05 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 16 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. Working on not gaining to much. Feel free to add me.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I just found out I'm pregnant (lol literally). We totally were not trying, and it's the 1st so I'm still in a state of shock and completely nervous. We've decided not to tell anyone until the 12 week mark, but it's nice to be able to post here and talk about it with someone. Lol I have so many questions!

I'm obviously on MFP because I was trying to lose weight...so kinda hard to change the mindset of eating at a deficit to suddenly not anymore. As long as I feel up to it, and the doc doesn't say otherwise I'm going to continue working out. I was eating probably net 1200 calories (gross 1400-1600), I have no idea what I should be eating now.

I've lost close to 30 lbs (and I'm still way overweight for my height), so I really don't want to gain all that back and then some. I've been googling for a few days and apparently if you're overweight you should gain between 15 - 25 lbs, obviously I'll talk this over with the doc but I think that is what I want to aim for. I don't want to be one of those women who gain a ton of weight (like 50 lbs) while pregnant.

I'll try to find the group, but please feel free to add me! It'll be great to have someone that's going through the same thing as me to talk to!
  • _cassie623
    _cassie623 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 20 weeks w/ baby #2...I haven't gained any weight yet. I'm down a couple pounds from my first prenatal appt. at 8 weeks. I just joined here a little over a week ago to help track, so I don't pack on too many pounds lol
  • djlebreton
    djlebreton Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Its nice to see so many women here in the same boat.
    Congrats to everyone and I hope that we can all achieve our goals of not putting on a ton of weight. Its tough with these pesky cravings and morning sickness.
  • Joyluck7
    Joyluck7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You all are doing better than I was :) I am about 28 weeks, dropped off MFP during the first tri when my energy was zapped and didn't pick it back up until the third tri. I've gained 27 so far and am trying to maintain for the rest of the pregnancy.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've been eating what is technically "maintenance" according to MFP, which is 2000 a day including exercise calories. The thing is I actually maintain at more like 1700. I'm 18 weeks and have gained 10lbs. I think it's different for everyone. I started at a healthy BMI of 21.5 so I should probably gain around 30 lbs total.
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! I started this pregnancy about 30 pounds over, and now just trying not to gain a ton. So far I'm doing ok.