Michael Matthews- The One Year Challenge/ Muscles for life

Options
I recently read his Book than I felt compelled to purchased his Journal so I could try the one year challenge. Opinions, Feedback etc..

Replies

• Nickygrl84
    Nickygrl84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, just started doing the workouts from the 1 year challenge a week ago or so. Good so far. I was a bit nervous due to him talking about doing all the military press and bench press, etc. But it's actually started off perfect for me. Really liked the book a lot. I feel like I know everything!!
  • nakis623
    nakis623 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have not Started the Workouts yet since I am finishing up the "New Rules Of Lifting For Women" Stage One Workouts. Fortunately, I don't think I will be moving on to Stage 2 although I believe I have gained a lot more Strength. I really like Michael Matthews book, and his training Logs. I will be Startng them Very soon.
  • julieclarksfitnesspal
    Options
    I am starting the OYC on Monday - excited.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm on phase 4 week 5 of his one year challenge (over half way through). Already gained about 10 pounds of muscle in a bit over 6 months. Great program. I plan to do the OYC again after completing it rather than switching to a different program. The results are that good. No reason to switch.
  • nakis623
    Options
    I am on Week 2 of Phase 1. I am Starting to see results, although I was doing a Strength Program before I had started this, and I am not a newbie. Since I am trying to loose Fat and not just build muscle. It's been s very slow process, but I can clearly see my body changes (decomposition).
  • nakis623
    Options
    LOL, Meant to say ReComposition.
    Decomposition, LOL

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    nakis623 wrote: »
    Decomposition, LOL

Are you just following the exercise program? Mike Matthews doesn't really advice recomping, because it's so slow. And if you're not a newbie, then it's not really going to work too well.
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I just started his book thinner, leaner, stronger. I'm only on chapter 7. I like his way of thinking so far. I'm going to follow his plan for at least 3 months to see where it takes me.
  • lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm also reading Thinner, Leaner, Stronger. I'm in Chap 12. I'm looking forward to starting the program soon. He seems to know what he's talking about. His program makes sense.
  • nakis623
    Options
    nakis623 wrote: »
    Decomposition, LOL

Are you just following the exercise program? Mike Matthews doesn't really advice recomping, because it's so slow. And if you're not a newbie, then it's not really going to work well.

It is very Slow Process, but I know it can be done, and I know I can do it. Since it is very hard and slow and people get discouraged easily, he does not advise it for this reason.
  • Princess48847
    Princess48847 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just finished Phase 1 and I was able to lift more, plus had some good reduction in inches on my waist and thighs. I have quite a bit to lose though.