may be wrong to some but it make sense to me.

Options
:huh: so im walking this morn see my neighbor she asked about my mother and yayayay (my mother had kidney transplant) then ask if ive lost more weight since the last time she saw me i said um no i havent. not since you saw me 6 days ago......im moving in a couple of months to a new area and i hate to say this but not too many people will be hear about my weightloss journey yes i know it wrong but not a day go by someone doesnt mention my weight or they shock i havent gained it back like they are waiting for it to happen (it been three years) or have 101 question for me everyday. how come you have no loose skin? liquid diet! wasnt that dangerous? ugh the list goes on. now the new one is im too thin and they want to attempt to feed me or now at work everyone thinks i have a eating disorder. (someone just called me up to share um hello could kept that to yourself) *sigh it like give me a break please! i had to get on my Best friend she use to tell everyone every where we went. i got on her case and explained look yes i know about the battle of the budge but i just want people to see nikki not the ex fat girl i go to OA meetings and i talk about everything there i leave it there till next group meeting...............sounds horrible to some but not to me i did this to live a normal life. not to still be looked at for my weight. i understand pay it forward but in real life people can drag things into the ground and this may sound even more horrible but most people are looking for a quick fix they don't want to hear about my sacrifices or hear about the long hours at the gym they want a magic pony story and weight loss has no magic just a lot of blood sweat tears. thanks for reading:flowerforyou:

Replies

• capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have accomplished a lot. Congrats for that.
    It also sounds like you are ready to move on and start a whole new life as a whole new you.

Nothing wrong with that. People who knew the old you are still hanging on to the old images.

Good for you attending meetings that help you unload baggage and concerns. Your attitude of looking forward sounds right to me.

Best of luck to your healthy lifestyle and focusing on the positives. :flowerforyou:
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i think it will be a great fresh start for you moving to a new area then!
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I am only at the begining of my journey and I already have alist of people who annoy me with questions and comments. My favorites include, "Well, I hope it lasts this time", "Are you sure your eating enough" (Did they care when I ate too much!), "I know this one person who lost all his weight... BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

Thanks for letting me vent... I think I needed that! lol
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    oh sweetie, I'm sorry people are so foolish. You look amazing, you are beautiful inside and out. Good luck with the move. I hope it is an exciting wonderful peaceful move, where people will see Nikki, just the lovely beautiful Nikki. The new and improved smokin hot Nikki! Hugs
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You need to use some commas.

nikki the last i checked the price of rice in china was somewhere around 15 cwt i'm glad you share what you're thinking it's all about who you are
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! 190 pounds is a huge deal!

I've only lost 20 pounds but I get the same thing. Like last friday I went to a BBQ with some people from our church and when I asked my mom if we were going to the gym tomorrow because I ate way to much and was stuffed, the choir director who was sitting next to me goes Oh but Diane theres a huge desert table.. Did you see it? and your going to have some right? I wanted to smack myself in the forehead. and slap her!

Hoping that the move goes smoothly and that you make some awesome new friends who get to know you for you!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

nikki the last i checked the price of rice in china was somewhere around 15 cwt i'm glad you share what you're thinking it's all about who you are

Oh...good cause I was about to go there but you beat me to it! You were nicer though :tongue:

To the OP. Girl I know what you mean about all the little comments. You would think I looked like one of the kids on those feed the children tv commericals. I'm not in the healthy BMI range nor is my Body Fat% where it needs to be so I can't be as skinny as they make it seem. I have a ways to go.

Just ignore it with a smile and do what you think is best for you. You are the only factor in this situation that matters.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    *double post*
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, my weight loss journey is between MFP, and me. I get my motivation and validation here, otherwise this is a very personal journey. Not necessarily open for broadcast.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options

Yes.

Someone pours their heart out about something important to them and several of you have nothing more to say than to point out a lack of punctuation?
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

Yes.

GROW UP!!!!

Well done sweetheart! go forth and know that you are beautiful. Good luck with the move and all the best for your future! :flowerforyou:
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options

it the damn internet sorry!!!! i took over three English classes so please dont turn this in to college. i learnt how to speak first and if you knew me in real life i speak quite well oh but i guess there always going to be people like you who has nothing else better to do than nick pick . last time ill be posting. thanks to every body who stayed on topic and i appreciated the support.:smile: (oh and by the way English did not help me at all with this weight loss journey that would of been tooooo easy i hope it helps you!)
  • skypie23
    skypie23 Posts: 38
    Options
    nit pick*

No seriously, I started to read the post with the intention of offering support, but I actually couldn't understand it because it had no flow. You don't have to use commas, you could just split it up.

Like this.

Would make it easier to read.

At least then I'd know where one sentence started and another one ended.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    nit pick*

No seriously, I started to read the post with the intention of offering support, but I actually couldn't understand it because it had no flow. You don't have to use commas, you could just split it up.

Like this.

Same here.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    i can understand your frustration. that being said, holy smokes, look how far you've come. what a huge-yet-tiny inspiration you are. sheesh, i complain that i 'cant' lose 40#,and here you are lookin' all slim and sexy. nice job! hope you get to move soon, and enjoy your hard-earned body in peace.
  • Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Great post!! Such an inspiration. You gave me a lot to think about. Keep up the good work!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    nit pick*

Like this.

OMG, you really are very rude.

She's here for support and to let off steam, not grammatical lessons.

I hope you've managed to read my post ok?!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    WUT IS INGLISH
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options

Yes.

Someone pours their heart out about something important to them and several of you have nothing more to say than to point out a lack of punctuation?

Punctuation is the last thing on your mind when you're upset..geez..
    Anyway, WTG on your accomplishments, ignore the haters, you are better than that. I think we all get those types of comments so its good we have a support system here. You look great!!! *hug*