Damn sodium and sugar

Options
r9o1n6
r9o1n6 Posts: 37 Member
Is anybody else have the same issue with sodium and sugar you cut everything and you still are over your limit. No more sodas no more juice Limited fruit water exercise eating healthy no red meat. Errrrrr

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Every day. I still lost over 80 lbs this year though so I'm thinking it doesn't matter. :)
  • r9o1n6
    Options
    Every day. I still lost over 80 lbs this year though so I'm thinking it doesn't matter. :)

Im down 11LB in 6days .
  • r9o1n6
    Options

But dam 80lb damn you go . 6 days ago I decided to get back on this app from 3 years ago and get back to the healthy life doing the shock diet which is going straight from bad food to good food cut out soda cut it all but I still love my cereal but I've switched to Special K the healthy brands that's my snack now used to be a box of donuts
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

I've also lost 80lbs, but in 2 years...going over the sugar and sodium... not cutting anything out of my diet.

All one needs for weight loss is to eat less than you burn.

• r9o1n6
    Options
    Way to go!

I've also lost 80lbs, but in 2 years...going over the sugar and sodium... not cutting anything out of my diet.

All one needs for weight loss is to eat less than you burn.

Very nice its good to see people changing there life's
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    r9o1n6 wrote: »
    Is anybody else have the same issue with sodium and sugar you cut everything and you still are over your limit. No more sodas no more juice Limited fruit water exercise eating healthy no red meat. Errrrrr

Every day. If I am within my target for carbs/sugar, my sodium is out of control. If I concentrate on low sodium foods, my carbs/sugar goes through the roof. I'm diabetic, so I'm having more problems with carbs than sodium (I have hypertension too, but it's under control) so I watch my carbs and shrug when my sodium goes over the limit.
  • r9o1n6
    Options

Every day. If I am within my target for carbs/sugar, my sodium is out of control. If I concentrate on low sodium foods, my carbs/sugar goes through the roof. I'm diabetic, so I'm having more problems with carbs than sodium (I have hypertension too, but it's under control) so I watch my carbs and shrug when my sodium goes over the limit.
    its one hell of a struggle
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Today, for the first time in several weeks, I went over my MFP sodium goal of 2300 mg. I got 2319. I felt awful. I erred in planning my lunch and got too much salty chicken. I drank water all afternoon, because I wanted to. At the end of the day my calories were slightly over 1200, my sodium was 2319, and my sugar was 40 mg. Since starting this on January 25, I've been over the 2300 number on sodium 3 days. Today, January 25, and January 26. I didn't even start adjusting to reduce sodimm until February 1. For sugar, I've also exceeded the 87 goal on three days. January 25, January 26, and February 20. Simply because I have no reason to echo your complaint about sugar, and really not even sodium if I pay attention and do my plan correctly, I invite you to look at my food diary. I think I've got it open to friends so you'll have to friend me first. I prepare my own meals at home, and I snack from the company kitchen at work. I visit restaurants less than weekly.
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options

I invite you, too, to look at my food diary. I've been over the 289 number for carbs twice, on January 31 and February 6. All the other days have been under the 289 goal, usually very substantially. My daily goal presently is to have 1200 calories, less than 1500 sodium, and at least 80 protein.
  • r9o1n6
    Options

I invite you, too, to look at my food diary. I've been over the 289 number for carbs twice, on January 31 and February 6. All the other days have been under the 289 goal, usually very substantially. My daily goal presently is to have 1200 calories, less than 1500 sodium, and at least 80 protein.

I dont inow how to add ppl
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

I don't need to be perfect to lose weight, I just need to improve. I have no medical issues with sodium, sugar, or red meat, so I don't worry a whole lot about those.

What I try to do instead is meet protein, fat and fiber goals. I changed my tracker to track fiber instead of sugar.

Whole fruit has fiber that juice does not, so it's more filling. I drink diet soda, but in moderation. Only lifestyle changes for me. Permanent changes that will help me keep the weight off.

• TeaBea
    edited March 2016
    Options

1200 calories for a MAN - MFP's lowest default minimum is 1500. Fast weight loss makes it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. Moderate weight loss will do more to lower your body fat %.
  • r9o1n6
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

I don't need to be perfect to lose weight, I just need to improve. I have no medical issues with sodium, sugar, or red meat, so I don't worry a whole lot about those.

What I try to do instead is meet protein, fat and fiber goals. I changed my tracker to track fiber instead of sugar.

Whole fruit has fiber that juice does not, so it's more filling. I drink diet soda, but in moderation. Only lifestyle changes for me. Permanent changes that will help me keep the weight off.

I'm pretty good at keeping my fat intake really low and my carbohydrates very low fiber is always good cholesterol very low
  • r9o1n6
    Options

1200 calories for a MAN - MFP's lowest default minimum is 1500. Fast weight loss makes it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. Moderate weight loss will do more to lower your body fat %.

Ya 1200 calories is wayyyyyyy to low. Do not want to lose muscle mass . At 1200 calories I would pull my hair out because I was starving unless you're packing up on fiber like insanely. But still 1200 is lowwww
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options

With age, required calories fall.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

I'm pretty good at keeping my fat intake really low and my carbohydrates very low fiber is always good cholesterol very low

If you are keeping carbs low and fat low, are you on high protein only? There's no need to have so many restrictions in your diet. Fats are healthy and necessary for nutrient absorption and many body functions. Carbs can be a great source of energy. I haven't been tracking my sodium or sugar, down 47lbs so far. 31 of those since October. Much of my food is home cooked, but I don't worry about limiting everything.

You need to do what's right for you, it just seems overly restrictive. All the best to you.
  • r9o1n6
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

If you are keeping carbs low and fat low, are you on high protein only? There's no need to have so many restrictions in your diet. Fats are healthy and necessary for nutrient absorption and many body functions. Carbs can be a great source of energy. I haven't been tracking my sodium or sugar, down 47lbs so far. 31 of those since October. Much of my food is home cooked, but I don't worry about limiting everything.

You need to do what's right for you, it just seems overly restrictive. All the best to you.

Im not over wait by no means but working on building muscle again and getting refit this is why very difficult to cut the sugar in the sodium the two main things you must cut when you are trying to cut
  • TeaBea
    Options

Ugh!

With age - lean muscle loss doesn't need additional help. Google skinny-fat, only the scale looks good.
  • r9o1n6
    Options

Ugh!

With age - lean muscle loss doesn't need additional help. Google skinny-fat, only the scale looks good.

Lol
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Im not over wait by no means but working on building muscle again and getting refit this is why very difficult to cut the sugar in the sodium the two main things you must cut when you are trying to cut

Are you trying to lose weight or trying to gain muscle?