A few questions ....

Options
What do you do when you're still hungry?
What do you do when you want sweets?
After you lose 150 pounds or more does your skin get saggy?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I try to set my calories and macros up in a way that doesn't allow me to be hungry for long, or hungry at the end of the day. It took some trial and error. At first I just logged the food I always ate, except in smaller portions. Soon I learned I might have to swap certain things out and make compromises in order to get a higher volume of food, or perhaps hit my protein goal better which helps with satiety. I have some tricks if I know I'm going to be hungry though: protein fluff, lots of veggies-especially cucumbers in salsa or with nutritional yeast and chipotle sauce...etc.

I eat sweets when I want them. Sometimes I make the higher calorie stuff fit in my day, and again-I have some tricks I've learned along the way on how to create some of my own treats that work really well in my day.

After losing 150 lbs sagging skin is a definite possibility. Genetics and the elasticity of your skin will be a big factor in how much lose skin you will have. It can also get better over time.
  • crystalroselynn
    crystalroselynn Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I try to set my calories and macros up in a way that doesn't allow me to be hungry for long, or hungry at the end of the day. It took some trial and error. At first I just logged the food I always ate, except in smaller portions. Soon I learned I might have to swap certain things out and make compromises in order to get a higher volume of food, or perhaps hit my protein goal better which helps with satiety. I have some tricks if I know I'm going to be hungry though: protein fluff, lots of veggies-especially cucumbers in salsa or with nutritional yeast and chipotle sauce...etc.

I eat sweets when I want them. Sometimes I make the higher calorie stuff fit in my day, and again-I have some tricks I've learned along the way on how to create some of my own treats that work really well in my day.

After losing 150 lbs sagging skin is a definite possibility. Genetics and the elasticity of your skin will be a big factor in how much lose skin you will have. It can also get better over time.

Can you exercise to make it tighter ?
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Can you exercise to make it tighter ?

To a certain degree resistance/weight training may help.
  • r9o1n6
    r9o1n6 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

When you want something sweet a spoon of peanut butter will help crave that when you're still hungry sounds like you need more fiber in your diet this will help also stop hunger cravings and even help with the craving for sugar
  • r9o1n6
    Options
    r9o1n6 wrote: »

When you want something sweet a spoon of peanut butter will help crave that when you're still hungry sounds like you need more fiber in your diet this will help also stop hunger cravings and even help with the craving for sugar

Just do not be fooled and tricked by the sugary fiber bars they sell one here and there is okay but some people think it's just the greatest thing but tack on all that sugar now that makes it no good
  • crystalroselynn
    crystalroselynn Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Great advice but I hate peanut butter :(
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options

If I'm having somthing high calorie for lunch or dinner.... let's say pasta I will usually have carrots and cucumbers before after it during this meal. Fills me up and takes a while to eat it. You can have 100 grams of baby carrots and 50 grams of cucumber for about 60ish calories.

When I want sweets I make them fit or have a caffeine free flavored tea like birthday cake from davids tea.

As for the skin I personally try not to think about it. Because I won't know what it will look like until I'm done and have maintain for awhile.... but honestly loose skin will be way easier to hide than fat!
  • arditarose
    Options

Have some dark chocolate, a serving of ice cream, put cocoa powder and honey in a serving of greek yogurt...list goes on.
  • r9o1n6
    Options

:( another thing that will help keep you full I forgot to say is oatmeal oatmeal oatmeal oatmeal. Yes it is boring but it can help you stay full longer. And also if you want to substitute sugar for sugar try agave nectar it is great balanced unlike unbalanced sugar the causes your levels out of control agave nectar is a lot better. But make sure you limit yourself
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

1) I find that I like a small snack before bed, so I usually save some calories for it. It's taken some time to figure out which combinations of macros works for me. I find that proteins and fats help me stay full longer, but if I need volume for low cal, veggies work really well. You may need to play with your numbers a little to see what works for you.

2) I had to learn moderation with sweets, it took a while for me to have ice cream in the house without eating it all. Again, I save a few calories for a small treat each day. It helps me stay focused the rest of the day, knowing that I can have a treat.

3) I think most people with 150lb loss will have some lose skin, however, some will bounce back in the coming years. There are surgical options, or there is learning to love how you feel in your new body. I am expecting to have some loose skin at about 100lbs lost (just over halfway there now). I have made my peace with it. I know that the feeling of being stronger, faster, and healthier will be worth the trade for the loose skin.

I hope some of this helps you.