Meal replacement shake/powder

Options
I had a total soy meal replacement drink for lunch but it only kept me full for not even an hour... Is there anything i can do differently?

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Eat real food???
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    If you want to drink your meals, try adding a bananna or other fruit. Mixing it with milk or a higher fat liquid. Or try a non soy based protein powder.
  • mkakids
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Honestly though, meal replacement drinks are usually pretty high calorie for the length of time they keep me full. You're better off eating real food.
  • Breannarosebrooks
    Breannarosebrooks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thnks . is soy not good?
  • dewd2
    Options
    Soy is fine. Drinking your lunch is the problem. If it doesn't satisfy you, don't do it (there's no reason to do it for weight loss). Eat something high in protein and fat and it will keep you feeling full.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Protein, fat and fiber are filling. The trick is to find the combination that fills you up best, not everyone is going to be the same. That's just one problem with meal replacements (one size fits all).

Another problem is meal replacements don't teach you about the eating habits that created a weight problem in the first place. I'm fat because my portions are too big. Measuring and logging regular food is eye-opening. I know what lifestyle changes I need to make to keep the weight I lose off.
  • mkakids
    Options
    Thnks . is soy not good?

Soy is fine, IMO. I just find that i feel fuller for longer if i make a protein shake with cow milk rather than soy milk.....could be the fat?
  • Breannarosebrooks
    Options
    I use 2% milk and soy powder
  • Breannarosebrooks
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Protein, fat and fiber are filling. The trick is to find the combination that fills you up best, not everyone is going to be the same. That's just one problem with meal replacements (one size fits all).

Another problem is meal replacements don't teach you about the eating habits that created a weight problem in the first place. I'm fat because my portions are too big. Measuring and logging regular food is eye-opening. I know what lifestyle changes I need to make to keep the weight I lose off.

Thank you. Ill definitely play around with my drinks and see what works best. :)
  • dewd2
    Options

Thank you. Ill definitely play around with my drinks and see what works best. :)

Good luck.