Help Needed! Very Frustrated.

Options
I have really cleaned up my eating habits. I have reduced my carbs. Eating protein and vegetables. Almost elimated sugar. No diet soda. Exercise daily and have not been able to lose a pound. Caloric intake dropped to about 800 due to increased vegetable intake. If I hit 1200 calories I gain weight. I weigh and measure foods. I have had all tests done to check on thyroid, insulin etc. All is good. Thoughts or advice? I am SOOOOO frustrated. :s

Replies

• TheNightWalker
    TheNightWalker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What is your metabolic rate?
  • tcat100
    tcat100 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1724 calories but i will gain weight on this
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary public so we can look?
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    How accurate is your logging? Are you weighing all your solid/semi-solid food with a digital food scale? Measuring all liquids with measuring cups/spoons?
  • btruebfree
    btruebfree Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    800 is super low. How long have you been at that level?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

k0pplcov8bqy.jpg
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    How accurate is your logging? Are you weighing all your solid/semi-solid food with a digital food scale? Measuring all liquids with measuring cups/spoons?

I second this question
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Could you set your diary to public, It will allow for more detailed advice. Plus sometimes there's little discrepancies there that you may not realise.
  • tcat100
    Options
    My log is very accurate. Because I have had soo much trouble.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    Can you open it do we can see please?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you gain on 1200 calories (and I'm assuming that you've given your body several weeks to adjust any time you increase to that level to rule out water weight/glycogen) then there are two options: your body burns less energy than expected - which you say has been ruled out by a doctor - or for some reason you are eating more than expected - either due to inaccurate portion sizing, bad food database entries, or some other problem.
  • tcat100
    Options
    I opened today's entry.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    I can't see it. Plus we need more than one day for information
  • tcat100
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am not eating more than expected. I have had this problem and my doctor doesn't know what to do for me. The people at work don't understand either as I don't eat anything really unhealthy...pizza, chips, cake, dips, etc. I did splurge today and ate 1-1/2 cup of potato soup. For me, that is a splurge. I would normal eat more paleo. I also work out for about 1/2 hour to 1 hour 4 to 5 times a week.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Unless you do nothing all day 800 calories is too little. Maybe you are starving yourself so of course upping the intake would initially cause a gain until you level out.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If you are weighing and measuring all foods (including prepackaged foods, which I find are typically off enough to add up and cause issues), then the next most likely possibility is that the entries you have been choosing are not accurate. The database is largely user entered and it is very common for there to be inaccuracies in it.

Start with reviewing your logging practices. Opening your diary would give the community better opportunity to help you, but I can understand that may not be comfortable.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    do you weight everything you eat? everything you put in your mouth? fruit, vegetables, etc? how do you know how many calories are in a unit of what you are weighing and eating? what are you basing the calories per ounce/gram on? Are you drinking coffee with sweeteners, etc? Im going with your eating more than you think.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? How much do you weigh?

• momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    mom23nuts wrote: »
    Unless you do nothing all day 800 calories is too little. Maybe you are starving yourself so of course upping the intake would initially cause a gain until you level out.

Say if one were to go into starvation mode long term and not realize it, I wonder what the symptoms of coming out of starvation mode (ie: eating more than 1200 cal) would be. Would the body try to store as much calories as possible? But wouldn't there also be signs of being starved like losing muscle and bone mass that the doctor could test for?
  • singingflutelady
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Starvation mode is a myth btw