Someone help me

Options
For the last 3 weeks ive been trying to lose weight and so far ive lost some water weight but in the past week or so i havent lost a pound.. I know that weight loss doesnt happen overnight but how is it that i havent even lost a pound? Its been kinda upsetting me. Ive been eating healthy and exercising so im not sure what the problem is. Can someone give me some tips or suggestions on what to do.

Replies

• BodayJohnnay
    BodayJohnnay Posts: 185 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Are you keeping track of all your calories each day? What is your training routine like and how much cardio are you doing? Are you sedentary throughout the day and/or at work?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You never mentioned calories, eating healthy doesn't guarantee weight loss.

Do you use a food scale?

Do you log everything you eat as accurately as possible?

Do you eat back your exercise calories, if so how do you measure that number?

And yes, patience helps :wink:
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you keeping track of all your calories each day? What is your training routine like and how much cardio are you doing? Are you sedentary throughout the day and/or at work? Feel free to add me and message me.
    Why does she need to message you? She doesn't!
  • queenliz99
    Options
    You never mentioned calories, eating healthy doesn't guarantee weight loss.

Do you use a food scale?

Do you log everything you eat as accurately as possible?

Do you eat back your exercise calories, if so how do you measure that number?

And yes, patience helps :wink:

This^^
  • BodayJohnnay
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Are you keeping track of all your calories each day? What is your training routine like and how much cardio are you doing? Are you sedentary throughout the day and/or at work? Feel free to add me and message me.

It was an offer to help and provide any information I can with my knowledge and experience. My apologies
  • queenliz99
    Options

It was an offer to help and provide any information I can with my knowledge and experience. My apologies
    Do it in the open then.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I would love to hear your advice, and I'm sure many others would too :smile:

And speaking for myself, it does creep me out a bit when guys post the add me/message me line.. Either they're trying to sell something or crack on to the OP. Could be my suspicious mind tho, so don't mind me :tired_face:
  • BodayJohnnay
    Options
    I'm not here to hookup or what everyone else may use this for. Can't give much information when don't have all the facts of her current nutrition and exercise regimen...as posted earlier.

Thank you for the tip, won't use "add me/message me" again.
  • cd2music
    cd2music Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for awhile and I keep hitting points where my weight stays the same or even goes up. I found I need to change up my workout routine then. What are you doing?
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well, there are stuff some people don't want to tell in public and have it easier time to ask about it from someone in private messages. I don't see anything wrong with offering advices and support with friend request as long as it won't go bashing or anything like that.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I'm not here to hookup or what everyone else may use this for. Can't give much information when don't have all the facts of her current nutrition and exercise regimen...as posted earlier.

Thank you for the tip, won't use "add me/message me" again.

Why can't you share with all of us?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

1. If it's been less than 3 weeks or so since you last saw a drop on the scale, don't sweat it! Normal fluctuations happen and unfortunately sometimes we stall for a week or two even when we're doing everything right. Give your body some time to catch up with the changes you're making.

2. If you aren't already, be sure that you're logging everything. Sometimes people forget about things like veggies, drinks, cooking oils, and condiments. For some people these can add up to enough to halt your weight loss progress.

3. Consider buying a food scale if you don't already have one. They're about $10-$20 dollars in the US and easily found at places like Amazon, Target, and Walmart. Measuring cups and spoons are great, but they do come with some degree of inaccuracy. A food scale will be more accurate, and for some people it makes a big difference.

4. Logging accurately also means choosing accurate entries in the database. There are a lot of user-entered entries that are off. Double-check that you're using good entries and/or using the recipe builder instead of someone else's homemade entries.

5. Recalculate your goals if you haven't lately. As you lose weight your body requires fewer calories to run. Be sure you update your goals every ten pounds or so.

6. If you're eating back your exercise calories and you're relying on gym machine readouts or MFP's estimates, it might be best to eat back just 50-75% of those. Certain activities tend to be overestimated. If you're using an HRM or activity tracker, it might be a good idea to look into their accuracy and be sure that yours is calibrated properly.

7. If you're taking any cheat days that go over your calorie limits, it might be best to cut them out for a few weeks and see what happens. Some people go way over their calorie needs without realizing it when they don't track.

8. If you weigh yourself frequently, consider using a program like trendweight to even out the fluctuations. You could be losing weight but just don't see it because of the daily ups and downs.

9. Some people just burn fewer calories than the calculators predict. If you continue to have problems after 4-6 weeks, then it might be worth a trip to the doctor or a registered dietitian who can give you more specific advice.
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    itslemia wrote: »
    For the last 3 weeks ive been trying to lose weight and so far ive lost some water weight but in the past week or so i havent lost a pound.. I know that weight loss doesnt happen overnight but how is it that i havent even lost a pound? Its been kinda upsetting me. Ive been eating healthy and exercising so im not sure what the problem is. Can someone give me some tips or suggestions on what to do.

Sometimes it takes a while before weight drops again. Do you have measuring tape so you could measure yourself? It doesn't always show up on scale but you can see it by measuring yourself.
  • simlovgin960831
    simlovgin960831 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking pop or diet pop? If you are, quit now. I drank that stuff all my life and never lost an ounce. The minute I quit drinking it, (diet pop), the weight just started melting off. I lost over 50 lbs. drinking water and no other drinks.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking pop or diet pop? If you are, quit now. I drank that stuff all my life and never lost an ounce. The minute I quit drinking it, (diet pop), the weight just started melting off. I lost over 50 lbs. drinking water and no other drinks.

Diet soda has no calories and therefore does not effect weight loss.
  • itslemia
    itslemia Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    No i dont have a food scale.. I just eat small portions.
    Ive cut out all sorts of junk food..
    Yes i log everything i eat.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Im sorry, if diet pop has no calories it will not affect your weight loss in any way. Weight loss happens when you eat less calories than your body burns. Diet pop has no calories and therefore would have no bearing on weight loss. Calories in Vs. Calories out is for weight loss. I also drink tons of diet pop everyday, it didnt hinder me from getting and staying at a very lean level.
  • cd2music
    cd2music Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    And speaking for myself, it does creep me out a bit when guys post the add me/message me line..

Sorry...I just saw this. Last thing and I'm gone. I swim, bike, and lift. because of an injury I should run yet...but I was stuck at 205. So this evening I ran . It hurt. so maybe not such a great idea. But try to add something new to your exercise routine when a plateau. It's always helped me.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    itslemia wrote: »
    No i dont have a food scale.. I just eat small portions.
    Ive cut out all sorts of junk food..
    Yes i log everything i eat.

you should get a food scale. Just cutting out junk food does ensure weight loss. If your not weighing and knowing how many calories everything you eat has how do you know your eating less calories than your body burns. Logging everything doesnt mean accuracy without a food scale.
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Diet soda has no calories and therefore does not effect weight loss.

As I understand it, diet soda has sodium. The more sodium you take in, the more water you retain. So quitting diet soda can help you lose weight depending on how much of it you were drinking. It's just not in the way we normally think of losing weight.