Someone help me

Options

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Veryana wrote: »
    Well, there are stuff some people don't want to tell in public and have it easier time to ask about it from someone in private messages. I don't see anything wrong with offering advices and support with friend request as long as it won't go bashing or anything like that.

Open communication is better.
  • BodayJohnnay
    BodayJohnnay Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Are you drinking pop or diet pop? If you are, quit now. I drank that stuff all my life and never lost an ounce. The minute I quit drinking it, (diet pop), the weight just started melting off. I lost over 50 lbs. drinking water and no other drinks.

Diet soda has no calories and therefore does not effect weight loss.

Its true about the calories, but its the Artificial sweeteners that are bad. Artificial sweeteners are hundreds to thousands of times sweeter than regular sugar, activating our genetically-programmed preference for sweet taste more than any other substance.
    *They trick your metabolism into thinking sugar is on its way. This causes your body to pump out insulin, the fat storage hormone, which lays down more belly fat.
    It also confuses and slows your metabolism down, so you burn fewer calories every day.
    It makes you hungrier and crave even more sugar and starchy carbs like bread and pasta.

For everyone it is different with how your body will react. A.S. also can cause type 2 diabetes.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Are you drinking pop or diet pop? If you are, quit now. I drank that stuff all my life and never lost an ounce. The minute I quit drinking it, (diet pop), the weight just started melting off. I lost over 50 lbs. drinking water and no other drinks.

Its true about the calories, but its the Artificial sweeteners that are bad. Artificial sweeteners are hundreds to thousands of times sweeter than regular sugar, activating our genetically-programmed preference for sweet taste more than any other substance.
    *They trick your metabolism into thinking sugar is on its way. This causes your body to pump out insulin, the fat storage hormone, which lays down more belly fat.
    It also confuses and slows your metabolism down, so you burn fewer calories every day.
    It makes you hungrier and crave even more sugar and starchy carbs like bread and pasta.

For everyone it is different with how your body will react. A.S. also can cause type 2 diabetes.

Whoopsie, you're gonna need sources for these claims.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    momo_t90 wrote: »

As I understand it, diet soda has sodium. The more sodium you take in, the more water you retain. So quitting diet soda can help you lose weight depending on how much of it you were drinking. It's just not in the way we normally think of losing weight.

water retention and weight is different than the objective of fat loss and diet pop does not hinder it in since it has no calories.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    itslemia wrote: »
    No i dont have a food scale.. I just eat small portions.
    Ive cut out all sorts of junk food..
    Yes i log everything i eat.

Get a food scale, it is more accurate. You may *think* you are eating small portions but are likely eating more than you think. Cutting out junk food really doesn't mean much, you need to be in a calorie deficit lose weight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

As I understand it, diet soda has sodium. The more sodium you take in, the more water you retain. So quitting diet soda can help you lose weight depending on how much of it you were drinking. It's just not in the way we normally think of losing weight.

I used to believe this, too, but if you take a look there's really not that much sodium in diet soda. It's almost equivalent to what you'd get from standard tap water.
  • elphie754
    Options

All broscience, no real science.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Well, there are stuff some people don't want to tell in public and have it easier time to ask about it from someone in private messages. I don't see anything wrong with offering advices and support with friend request as long as it won't go bashing or anything like that.

I prefer messaging, myself.

I trust this young woman to make her own decisions about messaging someone or not. Don't you?
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »

water retention and weight is different than the objective of fat loss and diet pop does not hinder it in since it has no calories.

The poster I quoted said it has no effect on weight loss. I disagreed. I never said that it was fat that you lose. In fact, I was specifically talking about water weight.
  • cd2music
    cd2music Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you're building muscle and replacing fat you won't see results on your scale. Muscle weighs more than fat. You'll start to feel the difference first...looser jeans, etc.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I prefer messaging, myself.

I trust this young woman to make her own decisions about messaging someone or not. Don't you?

What's it to you!
  • elphie754
    Options
    cd2music wrote: »
    If you're building muscle and replacing fat you won't see results on your scale. Muscle weighs more than fat. You'll start to feel the difference first...looser jeans, etc.

Aside from newbie gains, it is incredible difficult to build muscle in a deficit.
  • queenliz99
    Options

Aside from newbie gains, it is incredible difficult to build muscle in a deficit.

Especially for a woman.
  • BodayJohnnay
    Options

Really? There are many studies and significant resources out there to support the claim of artificial sweeteners. Have done lots of research throughout my years of school. Currently a Registered Dietician so please don't bring any bro science bs in here thanks.
  • BodayJohnnay
    Options

Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. 1lb of fat weighs the same as 1lb of muscle.
    *Muscle occupies less space*
  • elphie754
    Options

Really? There are many studies and significant resources out there to support the claim of artificial sweeteners. Have done lots of research throughout my years of school. Currently a Registered Dietician so please don't bring any bro science bs in here thanks.

Really? Can you link me to these peer reviewed scientific journals that have this research in them? I would love to read them for myself.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

Really? Can you link me to these peer reviewed scientific journals that have this research in them? I would love to read them for myself.

This.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    itslemia wrote: »
    For the last 3 weeks ive been trying to lose weight and so far ive lost some water weight but in the past week or so i havent lost a pound.. I know that weight loss doesnt happen overnight but how is it that i havent even lost a pound? Its been kinda upsetting me. Ive been eating healthy and exercising so im not sure what the problem is. Can someone give me some tips or suggestions on what to do.

You will not lose weight every single week for several possible reasons. A higher sodium meal will lead to water retention, increased or new exercise routine will lead to water retention, and TOM will also cause water retention. What you've been doing has been working, so stay with it for now and have some patience. If, after a few more weeks, the scale isn't moving, then you need to reduce the calories you are consuming. The best way to do this is by tightening up your logging by using a food scale. Read a lot of the stickied threads at the top of the getting started and general diet forums here. They have some great information. The weight that you have lost will be some water weight, but also some fat will be going with it. Are you weighing yourself daily or weekly? I recommend using a program that tracks trends, such as trendweight or happy scale or libra. These programs will show you that even when you have a stall or even a slight increase, your overall trend is likely still going down.

I weigh daily, this is what it's looked like since October:

jbc31a46jqan.png

Notice all the ups and downs, but the overall trend is down. Have some patience.

Same time period but with trendweight, mostly a downward line :laugh:

yfifrnb9p6w3.png