Would you give up a year of your life to be your ideal weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    no. I've lost weight and gotten more fit to INCREASE not only the years in my life, but the life in my years .....

even in my past, my 'bad years' were all years i learned valuable lessons, that made me who i am today.

nope. not changing them or taking away future ones.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Nope !
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    bkennealy wrote: »
    C'mon, quit this right now. You'll add years to your life by eating healthfully and being physically active. There's no magic and this isn't a problem worth devoting any of your time to.
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    There is some conjecture that if you lose the weight you will GAIN some time at the end of your life.

Sooooo...the question is would you be willing gain a year of life by losing the weight?
    ^These! I'd gladly lose a year just to regain a few.
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    4jndvj5eayee.png
    :D
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Like some others, I'd trade in a really crappy year for something like that (one of my childhood ones, maybe), because without some of those I likely wouldn't have a relationship with food that became so negative. :) Otherwise, no. I'm in this to win it, and winning doesn't include cheating on a grand scale.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    im still the same old jeff from always..id never waste it because i like to see my hardwork paying off
  • cathed42
    cathed42 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bkennealy wrote: »
    C'mon, quit this right now. You'll add years to your life by eating healthfully and being physically active. There's no magic and this isn't a problem worth devoting any of your time to.

Well said!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    No. Because I hit my goal weight last year and nothing changed. My life is still exactly the same as it was when I was fat ...but now I can wear cuter clothes.

Amen

But yes, I'd trade one year to be able to eat whatever whenever in whatever quantities, never exercise and maintain my ideal body :D
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If we're talking about dying one year earlier than otherwise, and we don't know when that will be, anyway - I don't really see the difference. Hypothetically, I think I would take this gamble.

ETA: Full disclosure - I just got back from a vacation in Las Vegas.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I would NOT give up a year of my life but if there were a "magic pill" I would take it in a heartbeat. I'd also get liposuction and a full body lift if I could afford it. Judge me if you like, I'm being 100% real. That said, there is no magic and I'm broke so I'll get my fatass on the treadmill and count calories forever. B)

Amen!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    I would. I'm pretty sure my semi obsessiveness when it comes to eating my calories and my definite obsessiveness when it comes to exercise are taking years off my life anyway.

And it would be a bonus to be able to just sit down and watch a tv show instead of pacing my apt and watching on my tablet to get more exercise in and be able to go back and eat all the foods I loved that I can't eat in moderation without having to worry about gaining?

No brainer for me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    What happens after a year? You go back to being overweight and dissatisfied? What kind of effect would that have?
    Also, you'd have to change your wardrobe for just one year. And because you didn't have to diet or exercise, you didn't learn any new habits.
    It'd be a different story if one was ill with disease, but for being overweight? I think you'd have to think beyond the reprecussions of just a one year status.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Jack_NYC
    Jack_NYC Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No. Willingness to trade a year of life to achieve a weight goal suggests some kind of eating disorder or body image dysfunction.
  • altergirl
    altergirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No, because I have three children. And giving up one year, even if it was in my 70's or 80's would meaning giving up a full year of spending them with them, and my grandchildren, which is worth much more to me than a few pounds.
  • bunnyghost
    bunnyghost Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i would give up a year of my life for free lol
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    No because just because your thin doesn't mean you happy. I rather take the time to be the whole package. God bless