looked at my husband and he looks so ooooo fat!

Options

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    tabletmfp wrote: »
    Hey has anyone here looked at their spouse differently lately? Ok I'm not perfect and we are both getting old, but gosh I have tried hard to look healthy,,,,and he has not ...and so I look ok for 54 but he's 56 and looks fat and unhealthy. I am sorry, I wouldn't say this to him. I'm just venting off here in private
    ....In have nobody else to tell
    . I feel terrible now...

Have you checked the Internet? Maybe on some forum he's posting his wife looks fat and unhealthy?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    What would suck is if your SO heard that you don't like his current appearance, from someone else other than yourself.
    I can't remember the name of the comedian, but he used to joke about his wife telling every one she had a problem about him to everyone else but him. "She'll tell her mother, her sister, her brother, her best friend, other friends.......................but she won't tell me!"

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SMA1986
    SMA1986 Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If we had a dollar for every time a man said he was dissatisfied with how big his wife got we'd be millionaires. This goes both ways. Often times it's after child birth so definitely not fair. Do not feel shamed by these people judging you because i'm 100% sure they have their own skeletons and they're a lot darker then you admitting you are becoming unnattracted to your husband. People can't deal with honesty and those type usually are big liars. I feel a liar is worse than someone who loses attraction in a mate. You need to continue with this honesty, that's what a realtionship is about, and tell him how you feel. It's human to feel the way you do. You never said you didn't love him becaue he was fat so these people are jumping to conclusions. And for those who have an issue with her using a forum get over it. She came here for help because she doesn't have a support group at home. You may not agree but this is her way of support and we shouldn't bash her because we don't agree with her own personal feelings.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I just spent 5 minutes of my life on this thread. I will never be able to get that time back.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    SMA1986 wrote: »
    If we had a dollar for every time a man said he was dissatisfied with how big his wife got we'd be millionaires. This goes both ways. Often times it's after child birth so definitely not fair. Do not feel shamed by these people judging you because i'm 100% sure they have their own skeletons and they're a lot darker then you admitting you are becoming unnattracted to your husband. People can't deal with honesty and those type usually are big liars. I feel a liar is worse then someone who loses attraction in a mate. You need to continue with this honesty, that's what a realtionship is about, and tell him how you feel. It's human to feel the way you do. You never said you didn't love him becaue he was fat so these people are jumping to conclusions.

So, she's not as attracted to him now. Fair enough. How do you feel about her blasting him to strangers on the internet instead of, oh, I don't know...bringing it up to him? That's A-OK with you?

Oh, and I love the irony in your post, but I doubt you see it.
  • SMA1986
    SMA1986 Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Didn't say that! I told her to talk to him about it! But I guess you missed that part? Oh and no irony. Must be fun throwing out a random word with no back up just to say I wont see it-because it doesn't exist. I guess that's sort of like saying, Oh it's raining fireballs outside but i guess you don't see it. Made my day :) Sorry not sorry you don't like my opinion. And that goes for anyone else on here as well. ;-) People are entitled to their feelings and I won't bash them for it and I won't bash someone who comes her for support even if I don't agree with their feelings. But hey, that's just me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    She came here for help because she doesn't have a support group at home. You may not agree but this is her way of support and we shouldn't bash her because we don't agree with her own personal feelings.
    Unless you personally know her, how can you assume that's the case? What if it's looking for confirmation so that she can justify having an affair or getting a divorce? Though these might not be the causes, it'd be naive to think that it couldn't.
    People post on public forums for a variance of reasons. Some to catfish, some to troll, some to get pity, some to pass on good information, some to just communicate, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I wont lecture you about dissing your spouse publicly as others already have. Instead, I'll offer you some advice. Here's what I do if ever I start thinking poorly about my hubby, when I start comparing him or wanting to change him. I think this to myself "What would I do if he died tomorrow. How would I feel? Would I care about his little belly, or the fact he chews his nails?". Works for me, EVERY single time!!! See, I have friends whose spouses have passed. They are completely devastated. They no longer care about the little annoying things that drove them nuts. The sox on the floor, the cigarette smoking, the binge tv watching, those things, and everything else, became totally insignificant.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Didn't say that! I told her to talk to him about it! But I guess you missed that part? Oh and no irony. Must be fun throwing out a random word with no back up just to say I wont see it-because it doesn't exist. I guess that's sort of like saying, Oh it's raining fireballs outside but i guess you don't see it. Made my day :) Sorry not sorry you don't like my opinion. And that goes for anyone else on here as well. ;-) People are entitled to their feelings and I won't bash them for it and I won't bash someone who comes her for support even if I don't agree with their feelings. But hey, that's just me.

You talk about people here judging the OP. And then you call the people who posted here "liars" who have "skeletons in their closet". Sounds kind of judgmental to me. Hence the irony.
  • ng123ng
    ng123ng Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For his sake, I hope he finds better than you. Just because you got healthier, doesn't mean he's ready to or WANTS to. Physical appearance only means so much, don't let your body improvements get to your head.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    ng123ng wrote: »
    For his sake, I hope he finds better than you. Just because you got healthier, doesn't mean he's ready to or WANTS to. Physical appearance only means so much, don't let your body improvements get to your head.

This so much !

I like the saying - people with glass houses shouldn't throw stones. It applies to this thread well.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I disagree with the idea that you should only talk about if it is a health issue. It clearly bothers OP enough to post about it, why should she not talk to him about it?

I'd rather know if my husband was unhappy with my weight and then I could decide for myself where I stood about it. Honestly it would hurt my feelings but if he was harbouring feelings of resentment it's probably going to reflect in the relationship somehow.

I could see how some people may feel that way. I guess I look at it a different way. I see her resentment about his weight as her problem, not his. Right now she's all about her healthy lifestyle. She's making progress & feeling like she could do this forever & if she could do it, why can't he do it too? She's resentful that she's working so hard & he's not & she looks good & he's fat. She decided to make a change--good for her.

Say she does talk to him about it? Don't we all here on MFP pretty much agree that everyone loses weight when they decide to, and not to do it for someone else? What will the end result of the conversation be? Will he decide to lose weight so she won't be resentful? Will he be successful, even though he wasn't really committed to the idea on his own? Will he just be hurt that his wife thinks he's unattractive? Will that make her feel better now that he feels bad too?

What about in the future? We all want to believe that we are committed to a healthy lifestyle, but in reality most of us fall off the wagon again & again & end up regaining. Things happen & that's just how it is & the OP's current eating plan of fasting for 3 days a week doesn't seem to me like it would be sustainable for a lifetime. For me, I know that my marriage is much more of a lifetime commitment than any fitness plan or healthy lifestyle. So, I think that being kind to my spouse is more important than airing every little resentment that comes up, especially if it's my problem to begin with.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Remember- what you don't want , someone else may be glad to have. Sometimes looks aren't the most important feature in a man.

Hell to the yeah.

Maybe I'm anti-spoiled but " he does a manual job, outside in cold weather!" is a far sight better than a lot of men I've been with. "Has stable job" was always #1 on my priority list. I already like this guy.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    fluffygio wrote: »
    If i where her husband and i saw this it would be funny calm down

But i love that this is on motivation and support

You legitimately believe her spouse would find her vent amusing?

If you came across an internet post about you written by your significant other, or maybe even a close friend or relative venting about how fat you are, you think it would be funny? Because I sure as hell wouldn't. I would be deeply deeply hurt.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

If you came across an internet post about you written by your significant other, or maybe even a close friend or relative venting about how fat you are, you think it would be funny? Because I sure as hell wouldn't. I would be deeply deeply hurt.

I would be deeply hurt if my spouse created a thread saying things like " she's soo fat " and unattractive. I would rather my spouse have a private conversation with me ,not blurt it out on a public forum.

• noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Dandelie wrote: »
    If you wouldn't say it to him, do you really think that it is okay to say it to someone else?

Rubbish logic.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

I would be deeply hurt if my spouse created a thread saying things like " she's soo fat " and unattractive. I would rather my spouse have a private conversation with me ,not blurt it out on a public forum.

+1

This thread is awful and sad.

• zoeysasha37
    Options
    Remember- what you don't want , someone else may be glad to have. Sometimes looks aren't the most important feature in a man.

Hell to the yeah.

Maybe I'm anti-spoiled but " he does a manual job, outside in cold weather!" is a far sight better than a lot of men I've been with. "Has stable job" was always #1 on my priority list. I already like this guy.

For sure. Sometimes being superficial can come back and bite people in the bum. What's unattractive to one lady, may be extremely attractive to another.

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options

Hell to the yeah.

For sure. Sometimes being superficial can come back and bite people in the bum. What's unattractive to one lady, may be extremely attractive to another.

Agreed. I'm still stuck in the poverty-thought-cycle here: I can't leave my husband, we NEED each other, outside of being in love, we rely on one another to keep eating food and living somewhere (less so these days than 5 years ago but you get the gist). I cannot wrap my head around the concept of leaving one's spouse over something as artificial as beauty. I mean sex and attractiveness are nice, but don't you need each other for, oh EVERYTHING ELSE? The world is a crappy place. I'd rather have a fat ally than a bunch of skinny enemies.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I predict this thread has the potential to go further than the oreo thread! My SO is also overweight and I mention it to him because I care. I want him to feel better, he has aches and pains that I know would be minimized if he did something. I've tried changing the mayo to lowfat in the jar type of thing, I've bought him a book on stretching, I've asked him to come for walks with me. I came to the conclusion that I can only change me and I can only hope that he will eventually start to do something because I've stuck with it and inspired him. He's never said anything about my weight, even as I kept gaining. And I can't imagine how crushed I'd be if he was disrespecting me behind my back. It seems like there may be more going on with your marriage than just weight lose, no? Counseling may help, or in the very least some soul searching on your part. Good luck.