Which is the most horror movie you ever saw?

Options

Replies

• lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    OK just watched a Serbian film. Grotesque and very disturbing is a good description. Probably the most disturbing movie I have ever seen.

I need to get on that.

dont watch it. just awful... How can anyone post that as a recommendation.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it but the first Saw movie deeply disturbed me. It's so exploitative, I really hate it, but it is truly terrifying.
  • FunbagsMcGee
    FunbagsMcGee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    rastabro4 wrote: »
    Love horror movies..... start watching the Japanese ones. Some crazy weird *kitten*.

This!

Just to promote my own country as well: check out 'Cold Prey' and 'Dead Snow' (hilarious Nazi-zombies):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R19KagZyU40
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    The Paranormal Activity films. I have all five but only watched the first one so far. It's pretty freaky.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    Ashtoretet wrote: »
    I hate to say it but the first Saw movie deeply disturbed me. It's so exploitative, I really hate it, but it is truly terrifying.

I had no intention of watching Saw, but walked through the room during the last 20 minutes or so then had to watch the whole movie to see how they got to that point.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    lisa9805 wrote: »
    OK just watched a Serbian film. Grotesque and very disturbing is a good description. Probably the most disturbing movie I have ever seen.

I need to get on that.

dont watch it. just awful... How can anyone post that as a recommendation.

I didn't recommend it. It's quite disturbing.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I watched the exorcist when i was about 14 and it terrified me since it was 'based on true events' had nightmares for years ha
  • Imbroglione
    Imbroglione Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    suz155 wrote: »
    I dont remember how old I was, but, I remember going to see the original night of the living dead, when it first
    came out. (yes a longgg time ago) My uncle brought my brother and I to a drive in. We were kinda little, but, he was so excited to see it. We both threw up all over his car, when, they started eating each other....:) My uncle was not very pleased. :) Ironically, I have loved horror movies since that time. Second in line Excorcist.

I totally agree with suz155. I was 11 years old when I first saw Night of the Living Dead and it scared the living bejesus out of me (first introduction to zombies and there was nothing funny about them)--not to mention one of the best movie endings of all time. Second place, definitely The Exorcist. Third place, The Godfather III for ruining what could have been one of the best trilogies of all time. :#
  • Markjames82
    Markjames82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    YAS HORROR FANS!!! I Cannot wait for conjuring 2, skipped Annabel, didn't hear great things about it.

Couldn't recommend any new horror films as all the ones I've seen have been terrible. :(
  • Markjames82
    Options
    Human centipede isn't all that, it's just a load of hype. The doctor in it is brilliant actor but other than that, meh.
  • Mikel432
    Mikel432 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think I may need to watch this Babadook movie...I have heard good things
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The original - the remake sucks. Also The Exorcist and The Omen.
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Child's Play - Chucky.
  • Zeus727
    Zeus727 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Suuzanne37 wrote: »
    Child's Play - Chucky. [/quote

Never saw any part of chucky heard a lot of it so will keep this on the list.
  • Markjames82
    Options
    Babadook is just annoying, well the kid in it is and the mum is it is just too flakey.

Child play films started out well but like any horror film series, they just went down the funny angle. Apparently there was a remake recently, no idea what it's like though.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    The Crawling Eye.

Terrified me when I was a kid. Late 50's.
  • Zeus727
    Zeus727 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    The Crawling Eye.

Everything is terrifying when we are kids lololo.
  • Markjames82
    Options
    Nothing more
    Zeus727 wrote: »
    The Crawling Eye.

Nothing more so for me that IT, I *kitten* my self. I am still now in total fear of clowns.

Going to watch Circle tonight, it's on Netflix. Trailer looks good, but don't they always... :/
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    Mikel432 wrote: »
    I think I may need to watch this Babadook movie...I have heard good things

I liked it
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    Nothing more
    Zeus727 wrote: »
    The Crawling Eye.

Nothing more so for me that IT, I *kitten* my self. I am still now in total fear of clowns.

Going to watch Circle tonight, it's on Netflix. Trailer looks good, but don't they always... :/

Circle is pretty good. Not amazing by any stretch of the imagination but good in comparison to most recent horror movies