Maintenance calories

Options
Hello everyone, I've lost 7stones and 9lbs in the last 11 months. I'm 5'5, 31 and 146lbs.
I decided to start maintenance/Recomp 2 months ago (01/16) and mfp recommended 1900 per day.
my average calorie intake before exercise has been 1800 per day. My daily net calories after exercise are 1500. I've lost 7lbs in the 2months on the above stats and I'm still very confused about my real maintenance calories. Can anyone help please.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If you've lost 7 lbs in 8 weeks then you need to add almost 500 cals extra a day to hit maintenance
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    If you've lost 7 lbs in 8 weeks then you need to add almost 500 cals extra a day to hit maintenance

^^^Yeah, do the math. These calculators are just estimates, they aren't gospel. Also, MFP gives you your target before exercise...so you're supposed to be adding back exercise calories.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    The MFP calculation is for without exercise. Maintainence requires balance of input and output.
  • OlisMummy
    OlisMummy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, so the 1900 is without exercise? I will eat back my exercise calories and see what happens at next weigh in.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    OlisMummy wrote: »
    Thank you everyone, so the 1900 is without exercise? I will eat back my exercise calories and see what happens at next weigh in.

Or 2300 and don't worry about the exercise cals
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Okay, so you're netting 1500, and lost 7lbs over 8-9 weeks. Doing a little math (scribbles furiously on a paper)...you need to need to net around 1900, which is what MFP suggests. Eat to a 1900 net and trust the process. And congrats on your awesome transformation thus far <3
  • OlisMummy
    OlisMummy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Okay, so you're netting 1500, and lost 7lbs over 8-9 weeks. Doing a little math (scribbles furiously on a paper)...you need to need to net around 1900, which is what MFP suggests. Eat to a 1900 net and trust the process. And congrats on your awesome transformation thus far <3
    Thank you so much!! Very helpful
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    yes, as others have said, you need to add back more calories yet if you're still losing.