I can't lose the last 5 pounds

Options
I've lost just over 60lbs so far and for some reason I can't get the last 5 pounds off. I'm 5'2 125 pounds and since day one of my weight loss journey I've wanted to see 120. It may be lack of motivation, or the fact that I enjoy treats more often then I used to but I'm still eating around 1200-1400 calories a day so I should be seeing a loss. Any advice on getting those last few stubborn pounds off?

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    If you're not weighing your food to the gram, you're going to have issues and delays getting the weight off being so close to goal. I'm 5'3" and I hit my ultimate goal weight of 110 earlier this month. Getting from 115 to 110 took me a few months mostly because I was only aiming for a loss of 0.25 to 0.5 pounds per week. Without a food scale, I'd be having the same issue as you.

I don't know what your diet is like, but sometimes I eat snack bars like Quest and Kind bars. The package will say it's like 180 calories for 60 grams, but sometimes the bar itself weighs as high as 70 grams. It doesn't seem like much of a difference, but it is. My Trader Joe's nut bar was 50 calories more than the package stated due to weight and that doesn't even account for the rounding that's done on the nutrition label itself. Those calories add up quickly. It's going to take two things to get you to goal: patience and precision. I really do recommend the use of a digital food scale if you're not currently using one. You can get great ones for as little as $10 at Walmart, Amazon, Target, or wherever places near you would sell such things.

• fry5150
    fry5150 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Continue the calorie deficit. What do you have your diary set to lose per week? You should be at .5 pounds a week at this point.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 60lbs so far and for some reason I can't get the last 5 pounds off. I'm 5'2 125 pounds and since day one of my weight loss journey I've wanted to see 120. It may be lack of motivation, or the fact that I enjoy treats more often then I used to but I'm still eating around 1200-1400 calories a day so I should be seeing a loss. Any advice on getting those last few stubborn pounds off?
    Body is likely in homeostasis. Are you currently exercising?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You may simply need to cut calories. I'm not sure if your 1200-1400 range is planned to average a specific level or just what you range between when eating on the fly.
  • MaryLouiseHand
    MaryLouiseHand Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the last few pounds are very difficult to loose. I would go over my eating log very carefully to make sure I am logging everything down to the last ounce and calorie. You've come this far I'm sure you can do it.