Cheat days

Options
Do you plan your chest day and if so does it help you stay on track?

Replies

• akittle11509
    akittle11509 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that cheat days do not help me. Infact the hurt my progress.
  • seamusmacduffy
    seamusmacduffy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I go for three months and then have a cheat weekend. Four cheat weekends a year. I find this way doesn't sabotage my efforts... Also it requires self discipline.
  • Zeus727
    Zeus727 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    gggirl67 wrote: »
    Do you plan your chest day and if so does it help you stay on track?

I just love cheat days in my weight gain.
  • Kie_Hughes
    Kie_Hughes Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I have them as and when I feel depleted. Usually once every 2-3 weeks
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. I just try to fit in the things I like every day. Maybe not all the things in one day. But I try to never leave myself feeling deprived or tell myself I can't have something. I can have whatever I want, but it might make me go over my goal so a lot of times I decide I don't want it after all. As far as holidays and birthdays I don't worry about going over. I just try to make sure all my potions are reasonable and enjoy the day. I didn't gain all this weight in one day so one day here and there won't set me back too much. But I think if I planned weekly cheat days I could easily wipe out my weeks deficit and not get anywhere. So I don't do that.
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    This weight loss process has been slow for me: 48 pounds in 18 months. The reason for this is because I used to have a cheat weekend every weekend. At first, it was fine, I still lost weight consistently every week and would lose the water weight from it in 2 days or so. Then I reached a point where I would put on 2-5 pounds over the weekend. Even though it was water weight, it began to take me the entire following week to get down to where I was at the the end of the previous week. So, I try to limit it to one or two small indulgences a week. The reason it worked out in the beginning I know was because I would be under calories by 100-300 every day and by the weekend it would add up so it didn't effect much. As my calories lowered and my exercise didn't change I had less to work with and wasn't under as much that often. So, at first it might be fine, but it catches up to you .
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I do the occasional cheat day, but for me, I try to keep it within my maintenance calories. That way I don't get derailed, but get to have something that I wouldn't normally eat. Yesterday was one of those occasions with a few chicken wings, a handful of fries and a pint at the local pub. An hour of cardio earlier in the day helped balance it out. No guilt, and no derailment.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't cheat. I eat ice cream, pumpkin pie, pastries every day. Hit your macros and your calorie goal and it doesn't matter what you eat.

If you want to eat a food, fit it in your diet.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Chest day? Definitely planned. Every Sunday and Thursday.

Cheat day? I don't cheat. I either eat calories up to goal, or go over calories if I feel like it.
  • MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days or cheat meals because I hate feeling like those meals/days are things I am waiting all week for. I hate making food something I am looking forward to or restricting only to reward myself with at a later date.

I have been cleaning up my diet and eating more fruits, veggies, lean proteins, healthy-ish fats and such. But if I want a chocolate, I eat it, if I want a cookie, I eat it. Or even fast food. Sometimes I stay right within my limit, sometimes I go a little over. It happens, it doesn't really matter and I am learning to have a healthier relationship with food.
  • Xarina
    Xarina Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have cheat days on my weekend off. So every other weekend. But on those days I just eat without a deficit not over that if I want to. In the long run it would at most make a half pound difference so I still make progress.
  • maplesyrup10
    maplesyrup10 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I don't cheat. I eat ice cream, pumpkin pie, pastries every day. Hit your macros and your calorie goal and it doesn't matter what you eat.

If you want to eat a food, fit it in your diet.

I like this because telling myself no to everything I crave for the rest of my life makes me want it more. I had pizza and popcorn last week, stayed in my calorie range and still lost weight.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I did at first, but my appetite is insatiable. To me, a cheat day means eating whatever I want and as much as I want. That amounts to 20K-30K calories and erases months of progress.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. Seems counter productive. I do however go on a 3-4 hour hike if I want to splurge a bit or if I know I'm going out to dinner and want to eat something besides the house salad. Mostly, I just fit it all in my daily calories. I don't focus on food that much any more, just enough to make sure my meals are healthy and I'm eating enough.
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I give myself two days (usually Thursday and Friday) as cheat days. They're fun. I think it gives me a nice little shock and it stops me from indulging, something I couldn't do in the past.
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I usually eat like the night before

My cheat days consist of me going the Chinese buffets and just eating crab legs, shrimp, clams
    I look forward to that every two weeks B)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ybee1991 wrote: »
    I give myself two days (usually Thursday and Friday) as cheat days. They're fun. I think it gives me a nice little shock and it stops me from indulging, something I couldn't do in the past.

How do cheat days stop you from indulging. Isn't a cheat day, let alone TWO cheat days, quite indulgent?
  • Jack_NYC
    Jack_NYC Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Chest day? Definitely planned. Every Sunday and Thursday.

Cheat day? I don't cheat.

This.
  • gggirl67
    gggirl67 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I just don't see the point in doing a full cheat day (or days), I spread 3-4 cheat meals out during the course of a week.