Medical student on week 3 of P90X: looking for support and friends

Options
fontes830
fontes830 Posts: 58 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello!

I'm new to the forum, but I've used myfitnesspal for a long time. Hoping to find some support here :)

While in university, there's been a bit of fluctuation but I've always been 115-120 and at a decent position on the BMI scale (i.e. 21-23). But I've gained weight ever since starting medication; currently, I'm tapering down the dose and hoping to switch to a medication without this irritating SE. Frustrating... BMI has gone up, appetite increased, clothes tightened, and I've just not felt like my usual, fit/lean self.

Since starting P90X on Feb 23rd, 2016, I'm now down to 126 lbs (-5 lbs, likely water weight but without knowing my body percentages, who knows) and my goal is to be around 115 lbs at the very least by the end of the program. I'm also tapering down my medication, my goal is to be off it but that will be guided by myself, my symptoms, and my physician's advice as I may still require it. And, personally, I'm okay with continuing medication, but I can't overlook the potential side effects.

Here's my progress thus far with the P90X program:

Week 1: Wasn't too difficult to jump into. Was sore the first 3 days, but this has become a comfortable-ish level of soreness. I can't do a full push-up, or chin-up. My goal is to perform these by the end of the program. For now, modifications are my friend.

Week 2: Really enjoying the strength training exercises! I've been under my calorie goals because I find it hard to meet them while exercising so much, and for whatever reason I feel more full after meals. Increased my protein as well, and loving VEGA protein shakes, and edamame beans. I'll have to look into adding a bit more calorie-dense foods into my diet. I also follow a vegan diet, which makes it hard to get in the calories but since my fat intake is always so low, maybe avocados will be a great/welcome addition. Also, I'm now using 5 lb weights instead of 3 lb weight >< haha I'm weak! But I do keep improving each workout, and starting to see some new definition!

Thanks for reading, and hope you have a lovely day :smile: Would love to add some friends on this journey and share motivation and encouragement.

Replies

• dragonfire12601
    dragonfire12601 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a CNA and going back to school in fall for xray tech. Last time I went to school I gained 30lbs! Still trying to lose it. I'm down 15lbs. Feel free to add me for motivation and support
  • fontes830
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a CNA and going back to school in fall for xray tech. Last time I went to school I gained 30lbs! Still trying to lose it. I'm down 15lbs. Feel free to add me for motivation and support

Wow 15 lbs! That's awesome progress! Friended you :smile:
    And good luck with your X-ray tech program. Have a friend who completed it and loves her work. (And takes the coolest selfies!)
  • fontes830
    Options
    Bumping :)
  • Reeeeah214
    Reeeeah214 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a pharmacy student and finishing up my last week of P90X :) If you need any advice and motivation, then feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • StrattonPhillips
    StrattonPhillips Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been through the program myself a few times. Awesome work out! Enjoy
  • fontes830
    Options
    Thanks!