random tip for those who want it

Options
I just read a post that reminded me of this-

For those of you who are having trouble finishing your food before you really want to be done eating- things like pudding, yogurt, oatmeal, cream of wheat... most things with a spoon- this might sound stupid, but I have been using a BABY SPOON (a metal one) for at least the past 9 months. I mean... it's not like I bring it with me to restaurants or anything, but it helps when I'm at home because it forces me to take smaller bites and therefore longer to eat.

I also use it to measure out things. Like if I want to put a little dressing on a sandwich or instead of sticking my entire finger into a jar of peanut butter, I use the spoon.

If you're wondering what compelled me to do this, it was because I was at home for a weekend and there were no clean spoons left except for that one. Then I was hooked.

just a tip- don't make fun of me!!!

Replies

• Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    that's actually a great tip! thanks =)
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I kind of do this. I eat everything with a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon. It does help!
  • sadielane
    sadielane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That's a similar idea as using a smaller plate to trick your mind into thinking you're eating more :bigsmile:
  • Girlypeekaboo
    Options
    Ooo i def like this tip! thanks for sharing hun
  • mamastevie
    Options
    I do the same thing. I also put things in smaller bowls to trick myself - yes I use baby bowls. The bowl looks fuller - tricking me into thinking that I am eating more. Works great!! Glad to see that others do the same thing. :-)
  • deedeedoolittle
    deedeedoolittle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    me too! especially for yoghurts and cereal, it makes me savour each mouthful more :)
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    Me too, deserts last forever and cereal too. Gone are the days of a washing up bowl filled with half a box of cereal (yes I am exagerating but my hubby did use a casserole dish for a while) and my 30g of porridge oats made into porridge lasts a while until I now actually get bored eating.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I do this too! Especially with yogurts and puddings.
  • Soziberry
    Options
    Also another tip, if you use half milk and water to cut calories
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Too funny... I LOVE using tiny spoons, and I used to use a baby spoon to eat yogurt all the time when I still lived at my parents! Though I don't know that it ever assisted my weight loss, LOL. :wink:
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!! and amazing weight loss to you!! Cheers darlin!!
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I do this especially with ice cream or anything like that..it takes longer to eat..lol..As to why I have a few baby spoons when my son is 19....Not a clue..lol
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Good idea!
  • Soziberry
    Options
    I actually eat with a dinky fork too. Things like pasta and potatoes can't be loaded up so the meal takes longer. Its not a baby fork, might be for puddings or fish maybe.
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    good one
  • tropicalicyicy
    tropicalicyicy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    awesome idea!!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I kind of do this. I eat everything with a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon. It does help!

Me, too! And I put my food on a small plate.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    great tip
  • 80lbslost
    80lbslost Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    LOL- I use the tiny plastic spoons at ice cream shops that they give with kiddie scoops. Something about the little spoon makes me feel less guilty about eating ice cream!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I have always eaten with a small spoon - Mum made us so that we would 'savour the flavour' of desserts. With four of us kids in the family, the good stuff didn't last long anyway... the spoon just made it feel like it lasted longer...