Best things to eat when you have a fever

Gioeyebrow
Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
Ive been sick for 2 days and i feel like garvage my throat is sore my nose is stuffy i cant stop chivering anyone have any super secret remedy to heal me up cuz i dont

Replies

• dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, crazyravr is right. Drink plenty of water!! Also, when I'm sick like that and have a sore throat, a nice hot toddy always helps. Hot dark tea with about a tablespoon of honey, a shot of bourbon and a few squirts of lemon juice.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Wasabi, anything with horseradish, or hot spicy foods....im JUST getting over what you got.......rest rest and more rest...i hope you feel better soon.
  • Katiedid717
    Katiedid717 Posts: 48 Member
    I had the flu a couple weeks ago; for three days I lived on gatorade, chicken broth, and ramen noodles. I added cayenne and garlic powder to the broth and ramen, too. Just make sure you're staying hydrated, especially if you have a fever and the sweats!
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Nice spicy chicken soup or bone broth. Whatever you do the key is to have liquids.

Exactly this, something like the recipe below:

https://iquitsugar.com/recipe/kung-flu-fighting-chicken-soup/
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    This is a easy soup when your sick. The lemon, garlic and parsley it so good. You can even buy the stuff and deliver to a sick friend. I hope you feel better soon! soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/02/cheese-tortellini-soup-with-gremolata.html

Cheese Tortellini Soup with Gremolata
    Serves: 8

Ingredients

8 cups fat free low sodium chicken broth
    Freshly ground black pepper
    1 (20 oz.) package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
    Handful of fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped
    Zest of one lemon, minced
    1 garlic clove, minced

Directions

Pour the broth into a heavy large saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Season the broth with pepper, to taste. Add the tortellini. Simmer over medium heat until al dente, about 7 minutes.

Prepare the gremolata. Mince parsley, lemon zest and garlic together. Add to broth, stir to combine and take off of heat. Ladle the broth and tortellini into soup bowls and serve.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    chicken pho! This recipe is perfect except that I'd add more lime

http://steamykitchen.com/139-vietnamese-chicken-noodle-soup-pho-ga.html