I NEED A SPORTS BRA

Options
Seriously, I really need a GOOD sports bra with the well-endowed woman in mind. I'm a 36DD and can't seem to strap these babies down effectively. I've bought so many and time and time again, they fail for one reason or another. Any suggestions? I want to get outside and get moving!

Replies

• HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm a 36F and I swear by the sports bras on fabletics. I usually take the padding/foam straight out though if there is any in them.
  • eatpuddingdrinkwine
    Options
    the Enell bra is the best i have tried .slightly strange sizing so at a 32 H I wear a 1 and nothing moves
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Just passing by to read about boobs and bras and stuff....giggity :p
  • NelsonKatelyn
    NelsonKatelyn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret has ones that zip in the front. It's kind of hard to explain - it has a front-close bra on the inside, and then you zip up another layer ontop of that. I'm a 38DD and it is by far the best sports bra I've ever used. I paid $54 for it and I'll probably buy another one too so I don't wear out one so quickly. Not to mention how hard it can be to worm your way out of a sports bra you have to put on and take off over your head!! That can be quite the challenge when you're sore!! I definitely recommend you go try one on at the store.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I like the Shock Absorber Ultimate Run bra. I call it "the boob trap". I can usually find it on amazon, though it is UK sizing.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Champion makes the absolute best HIGH impact sports bra. it is $50 and you can find it online or at academy sports. It is the only bra I'll wear and I have several of them on hand...
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I also wear a 32H, and have a Shock Absorber that basically changed my running. I used to have to stop before I had worn out because of breast pain, and now I can keep going until my body is exhausted, instead of just my boobs.

(Also, if you've never done it, I'd recommend checking out a comprehensive bra calculator before buying new bras. A many American women in the DD range are actually DD's, but many many many of us just got stuck in "here's the biggest cup/band we have," when it doesn't actually fit. /obligatory bravangelizement post)
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Also: eBay. You can find a lot of new or gently used bras from people who don't use them on eBay at a very reasonable price, if price is a factor. (It is for me, which is why I got three years into losing weight and running ineffectively before I finally bought a real sports bra.)
  • DejahVoodoo
    DejahVoodoo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been using this one for a few years now (buying them when they go on sale) and it's been awesome. I use it for running and it holds those puppies down TIGHT. lol. No jiggling!
    lanebryant.com/cacique-plus-size-sexy-bras-intimate-apparel/bras/sports-bras/molded-underwire-sport-bra/4043c4044c775p127197/index.pro
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    36D here and love Moving Comfort Luna. But it's pretty individual...what I did is ordered an obscene quantity of different brands/models/sizes from Amazon or Zappos (free returns), tried them on and did some jumping jacks, and picked the one I liked best.
  • amclain93
    amclain93 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm a 42H, and finding bras is hell. I don't think I'll be investing in a sports bra until I know for sure I'm going to stick with this. For now i just wear my regular bra and then a tight tank top. Luckily my neighborhood is all little old ladies, so there's no pervs ogling the inevitable jiggles, lol.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I like the high impact Fila brand sports bras from Kohls. I'm a 34 DD...I think. My 36 DD bras are too big now from weight loss but I haven't been shopping for new ones yet. But the size large Fila brand work well.
  • HollyDB2
    HollyDB2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 34DD (DDD in victoria secret sizing) and I found that the Moving Comfort (Mia?) one is the only bra I have ever had that straps them down. I also have the high impact Victoria secret one and it is okay...it works but not near as well as the Moving Comfort. I probably couldn't run 10km+ in it but its okay for short runs.

For those who have bought of fabletics: Which did you buy? I keep looking at them but haven't taken the plunge.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    36D/34DD here. I like the ones from academy. They have some with cups and some without. I was shopping around in there and came across them and thought that I might as well try one one. I picked up larges in both types, and they ended up being slightly too loose. Tried on a medium in both types (which I though for sure would not fit in the first place) and they held me down better than any sports bra I've ever had,better even than more expensive ones I own. I ended up getting the one without cups because I loved them both equally, but the cup-less one was cheaper only $9.99 vs $14.99 for the other. Also try out VS sports bras. They're pricey, but extremely supportive!

Edit: I should clarify because academy has a lot of sports bras. I got the BCG ones. There is a bajillion others in there. Nike, Champion, etc. So maybe just stop by your local academy and grab a bunch and try em all on :)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    gramarye wrote: »
    I also wear a 32H, and have a Shock Absorber that basically changed my running. I used to have to stop before I had worn out because of breast pain, and now I can keep going until my body is exhausted, instead of just my boobs.

(Also, if you've never done it, I'd recommend checking out a comprehensive bra calculator before buying new bras. A many American women in the DD range are actually DD's, but many many many of us just got stuck in "here's the biggest cup/band we have," when it doesn't actually fit. /obligatory bravangelizement post)

+1 to the bra calculator link. I went for 20+ years believing I was a 34C/36B. Loose bands riding up my back and cups too narrow (creating armpit spillage). I'm not even heavily "busty" by appearance, but ill fitting bras were taking a toll on my posture and breast health.

Nope, I'm not the size the mall shops claim I am. 30G, sometimes 32F, depending on style. Enell bras or Freya sports for exercising(my exercise "armor"! Love them). UK brands for everyday bras for small bands/+DD cups.
  • Lasp88
    Lasp88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Victoria's Secret front close sports bra. I have both the knockout and the incredible and they are both great.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    amclain93 wrote: »
    I'm a 42H, and finding bras is hell. I don't think I'll be investing in a sports bra until I know for sure I'm going to stick with this. For now i just wear my regular bra and then a tight tank top. Luckily my neighborhood is all little old ladies, so there's no pervs ogling the inevitable jiggles, lol.

I'm in the same boat. I'm 44DDD right now and have been completely unable to find a sports bra that fits. So I just wear my regular bras and deal with the bounce. Sigh. Does anyone know of any really good plus-size sports bras that don't cost a small fortune?
  • judithlyn
    judithlyn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    wjstoj wrote: »
    Just passing by to read about boobs and bras and stuff....giggity :p

• sourcandies
    sourcandies Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm not as endowed, but I find the ones from La Vie en Rose strap me down well enough, and retain elasticity.
  • judithlyn
    judithlyn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    SOO MUCH HELP YOU GUYS! Thank you. I'm going to check out all of the ones you mentioned (especially you gals who offered up your sizes to me). I can't tell you how idiotic it is to receive advice from girls with A-B cups .
    Larger boobs need special attention!