Fitness over 50

Options
I am living proof that being a personal trainer and fitness instructor does not guarantee that you will be fit yourself if you do not follow the rules.

At the age of 50, I got divorced, sent a son off to war to Afghanistan, started dealing with another son with a drug addiction, relocated to start a high stress job and entered menopause. Within four years I stop workingout, ate without conscious, and gained 50 pounds.

Now, I'm taking back control of my life. I'm hoping to help others on this journey as I help myself.

Replies

• Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me -- I know that the motivation and support on MFP really helps. :)
  • Carla1962Shaw2015
    Carla1962Shaw2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You've definitely been through some hard times but congratulations on taking back control of your life! Feel free to add me as well
  • Scubadoo2u
    Scubadoo2u Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're doing great
  • eunicewlcek
    eunicewlcek Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I feel great! I stopped eating anything wheat and my joints feel so much better!!
  • jayhd777
    jayhd777 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Add me, 52 and getting back into shape
  • mserrano30
    mserrano30 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me as well! Love your drive and determination Chica!
  • jpswfe
    jpswfe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Dawn. I'm not 50 yet but quickly on my way at 46. It's so difficult to get in shape at our age and the added stress of life doesn't help. Kudos to you for getting back to it! Feel free to add me as a friend. We can help keep each other going.
  • AlphaWolfOH
    AlphaWolfOH Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not sure how this works but I'm nearly 55 and ready to get back to a healthy lifestyle. Last year my oldest was diagnosed with cancer (gone now yay) and marriage issues and stress ate nearly 30 pounds worth. Would love to give/receive support on this journey
  • loha2328
    loha2328 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    59 here and working at it everyday. Some days are better than others. I log daily. Feel free to add me.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    52 here and also getting my fitness back. I feel better than I have in years but still have a ways to go.
    Anyone can add me.
  • CardiganandFlannel
    CardiganandFlannel Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Not quite 50 but almost there
  • KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yay for more 50+ friends on MFP! I'll send you a friend invite, as I am also trying to recover from a period of no exercise and food-indulgence. I was stressed and then got a foot injury resulting in a 20 pound gain and lax muscles.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    turned 58 in November. (ouch, even hurts to type that!) Lost about 45 lbs a few years back. Working to lose another 10-12 lbs. Just coming off 8 weeks of PT for calf issue, so I've focused on swim and bike training lately. As of May 1, will start to build training volume for a HIM race in August. Anyone can add me.
  • obedient670
    obedient670 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    49 and headed toward healthy and strong!! Add me! I'm motivated and energetic:)
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    65 here, soon to be 66! Yikes! I've been here since 2013 and have lost 70 lbs. I lift weights 3 or 4 days a week and walk/run (or swim) 2 or 3 days a week. I feel better than I have in years. Right now I'm struggling through a shoulder injury but I keep going.........doing what I can!

Good luck on your journey and congrats on having the determination to turn things around. I'm sure you'll get it done!
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me- 52 and a consistent logger of food and exercise. I would love a new person to discuss healthy strategies with!
  • stephaniepredator137
    Options
    Id love some new friends -it wont let me add anyone