Waist Trainer!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• dg1913
    dg1913 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a waist trainer and since Friday I lost 2 inches on my waist! It's great for a weigh in but it's only water weight...it will come back. The best thing to do is exercise! Good luck!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    The Kardashians fueled interest in waist training. Need I say more?
  • TRC64
    TRC64 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think a waist trainer can have some benefits, especially in this day and age, where everyone wears "active wear" as daily wear (stretchy pants can be very accommodating, lol). When I was younger, and pants actually went to the waist, tightening your belt a notch was a low-tech way to remind you not to overeat.

If it is used as a tool to help one stay mindful of their body and what they're eating, then I don't see a problem with it.

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Too much snarking!

OK, I suspect that a belt doesn't help and maybe it's a bad approach. But what does work? There must be good postpartum diet and exercise advice out there.

I recall (14 and 19 years ago) that it's nearly impossible to focus on yourself when you have a newborn. Efficiency is key. You could get in a brief home workout here and there. Keep the workout pad in front of the TV at all times. A quick 10-30 minute workout will make a huge difference. Get a baby-jogger and a baby-bjorn and keep moving as much as possible.

Dads can help. Fill the house with healthy foods.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I would use the search engine on mfp to get a better understanding about the benefits or lack thereof using a waist trainer for abdominal fat loss. Wearing it while working out would/possibly cause water weight loss. If too tight may cause organ damage and being 3 months postpartum, I would suspect your body is still recuperating. In addition, wearing a waist trainer often can cause your core muscles to weaken. It's best to focus on diet for weight loss and cardio and weight training for fitness and sculptung. Try a lifting program that can help tone areas. Go to the exercise board/forum for guidance.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    A neoprene Workout belt would have been a better choice.
    You wear it while walking, running, working out and or weight lifting. Remove when not working out. It will help you loose fat in the abdominal area and get you on your way to those abs

Nope
  • pickyreverb
    pickyreverb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Waist trainers splint the abdominal muscles, causing them to work less hard while you're working out. You're actually making your workouts less effective by working out in one.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Waist trainers splint the abdominal muscles, causing them to work less hard while you're working out. You're actually making your workouts less effective by working out in one.

This! And if you over-wear it, you actually weaken your core muscles. Not what you want if you're looking for fitness. Try planks and deadlifts instead of corsets.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Aren't you the one who posted about losing an unreasonable amount of weight in a very short period of time? You have to remember, it took your body 9 months to grow a baby, that's 9 months of changes to your body. You need to cut yourself some slack and take your time and do things the right and healthy way.
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Wearing a corset, "waist trainer," or any kind of binder while working out is like wearing a brace on a healthy limb. Over time, the braced part is going to weaken, because the brace is doing much of the work.

Even in the best-case scenario where you don't injure yourself or feel so crappy from compressing your diaphragm and stomach during exercise that you don't give it your best effort, you're *weakening* your core muscles by bracing them when you're trying to strengthen them.

It won't remove fat and it might make you lose muscle.

Hard pass.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have a velcro rubber/cloth thing. If you want to call it a waist trainer?
    More like a wide belt. I use it when I work out sometimes to hold me in, essentially, around my tummy (3rd baby). Nothing more nothing less; simply for some flexible support at times.
    Fat loss happens in the kitchen, not in a garment.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    A neoprene Workout belt would have been a better choice.
    You wear it while walking, running, working out and or weight lifting. Remove when not working out. It will help you loose fat in the abdominal area and get you on your way to those abs

no it won't do that...

the only thing that helps you lose fat is a calorie deficit.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a waist trainer off of amazon and I'm like super excited. Some people say it's dangerous for you body and stuff but I also read that if you excercise with your waist trainer on your stomach and side fat would decrease.

I just had baby 3 months ago and my flabby belly is annoying me, I'm ready for it to look semi flat.

Anyone else use waist trainers and have gotten great results?

Hate to dampen your enthusiasm OP but you just wasted your money on a gimmick.

The only way to lose weight is through a calorie deficit, an the only way to recomp your body is through an exercise regimen along with micro and macro adherence.
  • checker4
    checker4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me and my wife has used waist trainer and we can say that these are the best one to reduce belly fat and waist inches. Those who criticize it are not aware of basic knowledge and need to get more info about it. You can ask more questions related to waist trainers, I have vast experience with them.