Lots to lose - looking for friends

Options
Hi all! My name is Caitlin. I started my weight loss journey at 425 lbs. After a rough pregnancy and 3 months of breastfeeding, I'm down 75 pounds and looking to continue with the momentum and lose it all!

I'm looking for friends to share the long journey! People who need lose 100 lbs or more, moms losing weight, and plain old anybody who wants to support and be supportive.

I DO NOT want friends who do nothing but criticize and fat shame. I've been big since I was 10 - ain't nobody got time for that BS.

Replies

• Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi Caitlin! Welcome!

Congratulations on being down 75 pounds -- That's quite an accomplishment!

I'm down 45 pounds, with my ultimate goal being 80. I've never run into anyone here who "fat shames". On the contrary, I've found people on MFP to be extremely supportive and motivating. Please feel free to add me as a friend!

Karyn
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Karyn1120 wrote: »
    Hi Caitlin! Welcome!

Congratulations on being down 75 pounds -- That's quite an accomplishment!

I'm down 45 pounds, with my ultimate goal being 80. I've never run into anyone here who "fat shames". On the contrary, I've found people on MFP to be extremely supportive and motivating. Please feel free to add me as a friend!

Karyn

I have not run into any fat shaming either. A lot of smart alecs and know it alls, but generally people are supportive and helpful
  • NotGuiltylawyer
    NotGuiltylawyer Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im looking for new friends!!! add me and we can support each other!
  • CaitMartin714
    CaitMartin714 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm glad to hear it - too often, big people are shamed for even trying... Unfortunately, I HAVE run into it before (not here yet thank goodness). Good to meet you all!
  • orawes
    orawes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. Sean. Ireland
  • Nell8i8
    Nell8i8 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Cait Great job on losing 75! That's amazing! You can do anything you set your mind to! Feel free to add and keep fighting the good fight! :)
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congratulations on that 75 pounds lost. That is a HUGE accomplishment! I sent you a friend request :)
  • beccamccurry
    beccamccurry Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new around here and I also have a lot to lose and I'm looking for new friends. Anyone can add me!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome
    (I don't think you have to worry about fat shaming here. I've been here years and have never saw it ever. most of the people here have been in your shoes so wouldn't criticize you or mock your weight. Even the people who have never been obese here, have learned enough over time to see that fat shaming is not okay . so I don't think you have anything to worry about )
  • dschoenbein
    dschoenbein Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WOW what an amazing start!! I have lost 30 and still have 80 more to go. Add me and I will support you the best that I can!
  • cuddlebug72
    cuddlebug72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome!!! I'm so proud for you. I'm new here myself. I still can't figure out of to write post for everyone to read. lol. I added you to my friend request. Feel free to message me anytime. I need all the friends and support that I can get, so anyone feel free to add me. Any information on how to post on here will be appreciate.
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss, good job! I haven't encountered any fat shamers or criticism but I have found quite a few know-it-all's. As far as I'm concerned this is a place to discuss weight loss and how to get from point A to point B and some people on here have all the answers so beware and ignore them. Good Luck on your journey o:)
  • pakat1416
    pakat1416 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats, losing wieght is always a great feeling, I'm new to this and don't know how to add new friends can you help me?
  • gottaTuscany
    gottaTuscany Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing weight! What a tremendous accomplishment you have made so far. I am on MFP again, after a long hiatus. I've been really discouraged. I'm hoping to do better this time around. Feel free to add me as a friend. I would be happy for us to help support each other. Best of luck, either way. :smile:
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You're doing great already! I've sent you a friend request with a personal note!
  • MessyArts
    MessyArts Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    congrats! let's be friends... looking to add new ones. add me! (:
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi Caitlin,

First of all congrats with the baby. Secondly, big kudos to losing 75lbs. That is amazing. You are doing a great job and keep going! Yes, some days will be tougher than others but before you know it you will reach your goal.

Feel free to add me, I would love for us to help each other out in this weightloss journey :)
  • rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I've lost 29 and aiming to lose 100 to put me at the topside of my range :)
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I need to lose a small person. LOL
  • grandingo
    grandingo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    how on earth do you add friends? 75lbs!!!! my goodness girl you should be in the slimming olympics ! Great stuff !!!!