The Bear Man Needs Some Buddies!

Options
How do kiddos? Still fighting the good flab fight? Good work! Here have a biscu...carrot stick!

You may be new here or a veteran pound slayer either way I'd be glad to have you join my sleuth, I need fellow bears and bearettes to help me channel the power of the grizzly and fur..ther our progress together!

I've lost my first 14lbs in 4 weeks by dieting and hitting my homemade garage gym 2-3 evenings a weeks, Averaging an hour doing 6mph on the treadmill and some weights and punchbagging. I'm losing my bear juice now and need some support to keep on keeping on before I fade back into old habits. Open to advice that is applicable and just hoping to find some support and friendlies.

I am 6ft and 21st 1lbs after losing my 14 this past month and I want to lose as much as possible before my 30th birthday on June 8th. I've opted for a low fat, high protein diet with minimal carbs as it seems to keep me full and not craving things but I do need to watch my sugar and salt more.

I'm finding Bare Naked Foods Noodles and Rice to be a real hunger buster :)

Bear power to you all! And yes I am aware of the sub context of my nickname, and no I am not of such persuasions ;) Sorry grizzlies!

Replies

• allison4224
    allison4224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Clever post. I just don't understand the references to bears, grizzlies, bear power, juice, etc. I feel like I'm missing something ...
  • KarlDouglasDougie
    KarlDouglasDougie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    add me if you like
  • The_Bear_Man
    The_Bear_Man Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Clever post. I just don't understand the references to bears, grizzlies, bear power, juice, etc. I feel like I'm missing something ...

Nothing really clever to understand, Bear is my power animal and nickname, I'm a bit of a creative soul so tried to be humorous in my post. Evidentially I failed... Oh well!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    But... I really wanted the biscuit... :'(
  • njaalla
    njaalla Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If there's no biscuit... Will there be honey, at least? o:)
  • allison4224
    allison4224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    No - it was humorous - clever, even. You didn't fail. I just didn't know the backstory. Thanks for explaining. How is it that you determined the bear is your power animal?
  • gennyv1979
    gennyv1979 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great introduction Bear! Everyone feel free to add me! I'm not that creative lol
  • The_Bear_Man
    Options
    No - it was humorous - clever, even. You didn't fail. I just didn't know the backstory. Thanks for explaining. How is it that you determined the bear is your power animal?

Hey Allison, I'm glad I didn't fail, that would have been un...wait for it...bear..able! :D *Pats self on the back.

I was given the nickname by my friends over the years for apparently reminding them of Baloo from jungle book :) I used to want to be a Lion or a Wolf, but I saw the merit in being a Bear. :)>
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Can I have the biscuit AND the carrot stick??
    Annnnnd now we see why I have weight issues
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Feh. Biscuit. 'Round here, we call them Hero Cookies. :D
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Oh really wanted a bear hug. Sigh
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Any and all bears are welcome to my friends list ^_^ lol. Don't let my ticker fool you, I've been on here over 1000 days, just took breaks along the way.

Mfp is similar to that of a forest, there's lots of danger and chances to step in a bear trap lurking behind every forum post. But the scenery is nice.

Also happy really early birthday!
  • The_Bear_Man
    Options
    Can I have the biscuit AND the carrot stick??
    Annnnnd now we see why I have weight issues

How about a biscuit shaped carrot!? GENIUS! MMMMmmm tasty biscuit shaped carrot nomnom :'( tasty carrot biscuit nooomm so carroty, so biscuit shaped, mmm biscuits...tasty biscuits...DAMMIT!
  • The_Bear_Man
    Options

I like your style! Can we have LEGEND CAKES and CHAMPION PIES too!!???
  • The_Bear_Man
    Options
    Oh really wanted a bear hug. Sigh

Round here little miss bewitched, Bear hugs are free!
  • The_Bear_Man
    Options
    Any and all bears are welcome to my friends list ^_^ lol. Don't let my ticker fool you, I've been on here over 1000 days, just took breaks along the way.

Mfp is similar to that of a forest, there's lots of danger and chances to step in a bear trap lurking behind every forum post. But the scenery is nice.

Also happy really early birthday!

I am friends to all animals of the forest...except squirrels...squirrels are *kitten*...

Oh who am I kidding, I love the furry little fellas even if they do pinch me nuts!

Thanks for the birthday wish and don't worry theres no judgement from this bear (unless you are one of them squirrels)
  • wendeel
    wendeel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me! I love all kinds of bears. :)
  • KrysKiss87
    KrysKiss87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

I like your style! Can we have LEGEND CAKES and CHAMPION PIES too!!???

YES. Absolutely yes.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You've got this! You just need to run your bear around the forest a few more times. Fish is good too.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a remote, forested area, where it wasn't unusual to go for a walk and meet bears or moose on the road. So love the name.

Feel free to add me.