MOTIVATION!!!!

Options
How do you get past those days of blah. I usually do pretty good but every now and then it just gets overwhelming and frustrating. I still manage through a workout but with no enthusiasm at all.

Replies

• Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I look at myself naked in the mirror. Usually does the trick.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I found that music really helps me get through those boring cardio sessions. It keeps my mind engaged, and gives me a little kick to work harder when a particularly good song comes on. Pandora has been my godsend.

As far as motivation for just going in the first place, I've gotten to the point where I don't even think about it. I just go. I work out on lunch at my company's gym, so I've got my bag packed and the gym is just two floors down so I just go, no consternation necessary.
  • Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that works for me too lol. I use the same playlist for my workouts every time - one for stretch/cool down and one for serious fast cardio. To get myself pumped, I start the cardio playlist about an hour before I leave work, and I change into workout clothes about 5 minutes before I leave work for the gym.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    My goals are bigger than any case of the "I don't wannas".

Even the days when I'm 99% sure I'll just be phoning in a session, I wind up nailing it.
  • EPK1071
    EPK1071 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Those are all great!! Thanks :)
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I have to talk about it. My husband is working out as well to try to get more muscle bc he's already lean. I on the other hand am just overweight, have a 9 year old son in soccer, and 8 month old baby and my husband shift works. There are so many days I try to make the "I'm too busy" excuse, but the more I talk about it, the more pumped up I get. I start looking forward to feeling sore afterward and looking forward to my playlist. I start thinking and talking about my workout while at lunch and by the end of my workday I'm so motivated and ready.
  • lizlemon4
    lizlemon4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is a wonderful motivator for me. Look up "fitspo" all those skinny Minnie's with dream bodies. Makes me get goin. I want to look like them!!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    My goals are bigger than any case of the "I don't wannas".

Even the days when I'm 99% sure I'll just be phoning in a session, I wind up nailing it.

this cannot be liked or emphasized enough.